Christine LiuForeign Legal Consultant
Christine Liu focuses her practice on internal investigations, government investigations, regulatory enforcement actions and compliance matters.
She regularly advises multinational companies on internal investigations and compliance matters involving the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and other anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws. Christine represents companies in active investigations by the US regulators. She also advises companies on anti-corruption due diligence, review and enhancement of compliance policies and internal controls, and development of compliance programs.
Christine has represented clients in a broad array of industries, including pharmaceutical, medical devices, consumer goods, technology, manufacturing, automotive, energy and natural resources.
- Representing a US pharmaceutical company in connection with a DOJ and SEC investigation of alleged FCPA violations in China.
- Representing a New York Stock Exchange listed technology company in an internal investigation in Asia and self-disclosure to the DOJ and SEC of alleged FCPA violations.
- Representing a global pharmaceutical company in an SEC investigation in Southeast Asia.
- Advising a global life sciences company on various internal investigations, compliance and regulatory matters in China.
- Conducting numerous internal investigations involving allegations of corruption, bribery and financial fraud for multiple companies in various industries.
- Advising a global manufacturing company in its pre-acquisition anti-corruption due diligence in Asia.
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- South Texas College of Law Houston, J.D., Magna Cum Laude
- East China Normal University, MA
- Hong Kong Law Society Pro Bono and Community Service Individual Bronze Award (2021)
- Hong Kong Law Society Pro Bono and Community Service Individual Bronze Award (2020)
- Special Award of the 2018-2020 Recognition Scheme for Provision of Pro Bono Legal Services, Chief Secretary for Administration, HKSAR
Memberships And Affiliations
- The State Bar of Texas
- The Law Society of Hong Kong
My latest insights
“Doubling Down” On Corruption: China Revises Filing Standards for Prosecuting White Collar...
19 October 2022 .7 minute read