Magnus Løvlien LutnæsPartner
Magnus Lutnæs is a partner in our Real Estate department and advises local and international investors and developers in all aspects of real estate law.
Magnus has a broad experience from a number of complex real estate transactions. This includes assistance in structuring, financing, contract drafting, negotiations, setting up joint ventures, W&I insurance and due diligence. He regularly assists foreign investors in Norway with portfolio acquisitions, asset management and disposals.
In addition he assists leading real estate companies in commercial developments, specialized assets such as terminals, logistic buildings and data centres, and larger residential projects. His work also involves assistance to landlords and tenants in commercial and retail leases, and in the operation and management of various types of commercial premises.
- Master of Laws (LL.M.), Durham University, UK, 2004
- Candidate of Jurisprudence, University of Oslo, 2004
- DLA Piper ‘proves itself a reliable business partner’ under the leadership of Magnus Lutnæs, who is ‘a service-minded, proactive and trusted adviser’. Legal 500, 2018
- Magnus Lutnæs leads DLA Piper’s ‘outstanding’ team, which excels in advising international investors on portfolio transactions, Legal 500, 2017
- "Up-and-coming Magnus Lutnæs is popular with clients and peers alike, and is described as "very pleasant to work with." He handles real estate transactions and also leads the hotel and leisure group." Chambers Europe
- "Up-and-coming real estate partner Magnus Lutnæs is praised for the "balanced view" he brings to transactions. Along with other team members, he advised BundeGruppen on acquiring shares and structuring a joint venture for several development projects." Chambers Europe
- "DLA Piper's six-partner team has a focus on a number of specialist areas including retail, healthcare and senior housing, and advises clients across the spectrum of issues including financing, acquisitions and disposals, fund structuring and leasing. [...] The 'service-minded' Magnus Løvlien Lutnæs is recommended for real estate transactions in the hotels sector." Legal 500 EMEA
- 2011 - ; Partner, Advokatfirma DLA Piper Norway DA
- 2010 - 2011 ; Lead Lawyer, Advokatfirma DLA Piper Norway DA
- 2008 - 2010 ; Lawyer, Advokatfirma DLA Piper Norway DA
- 2007 ; Secondment, London, DLA Piper UK LLP
- 2005 - 2007 ; Associate, Advokatfirma DLA Piper Norway DA
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of The Norwegian Bar Association
My latest insights
DLA Piper advise Azrieli and Green Mountain on hyperscale data centre deal with TikTok
15 March 2023 .2 minute read
Data centres in Norway – Rapid expansion and fundamental advantages
11 October 2021 .5 minute read