Matylda Makulska practises corporate and securities law, assisting public and private companies in all aspects of corporate and commercial activity, with an emphasis on corporate finance and mergers & acquisitions.
Matylda advises issuers, underwriters and investors in relation to public and private equity and debt financings, initial public offerings, prospectus offerings, reverse take-overs, capital pool companies, private placements, plans of arrangement and corporate reorganizations. She has also advised clients on corporate governance matters as well as securities law compliance and disclosure matters. Matylda also has extensive experience with a wide range of matters related to commercial real estate and has assisted with acquisitions and sales, financing, and office, retail and industrial leasing.
Matylda received her Juris Doctor from the University of Alberta. Before becoming an associate in 2015, Matylda summered and articled with the firm.
- Acted for a TSX Venture Exchange capital pool company in connection with its qualifying transaction with a private addiction treatment company
- Acted for the agent in connection with a public offering of subscription receipts of Biomind Labs Inc. (NEO: BMND) for gross proceeds of $6,188,906 million
- Acted for Tidewater Midstream and Infrastructure Ltd. (TSX: TWM) in its sale of the Pioneer Pipeline to ATCO Gas and Pipelines Ltd. for gross proceeds of $255 million
- Acted for Simply Better Brands Corp. (TSXV: SBBC) in its acquisition of a skin care and beauty company
- Acted for Charlotte’s Web Holdings, Inc. (TSX: CWEB) in connection with a $60 million at-the-market offering
- Acted as Canadian counsel for Ecolab Inc. in its separation of the global upstream energy business involving 68 countries
- Acted for Charlotte’s Web Holdings, Inc. (TSX: CWEB) in connection with its graduation from the Canadian Securities Exchange to the Toronto Stock Exchange
- Acted for Granite Oil Corp. in its transaction with International Petroleum Corporation providing for the acquisition by IPC of the issued and outstanding shares of Granite Oil for cash consideration of $0.95 per share
- Acted for the seller in connection with the sale of the shares of Axia NetMedia Corporation to Bell Canada
- Acted for Rio2 Limited in its bought deal private placement of units for gross proceeds of $25 million
- Acted for a syndicate of underwriters led by Canaccord Genuity Corp. in connection with the brokered portion of a $21 million financing for MJardin Holdings Corp.
- Acted for The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) as M&A counsel in the sale of its Canadian bottling and distribution subsidiary (ranked among the top 10 “Deals of the Year” in Canada by Lexpert magazine in 2018)
- Acted for Partners Group in the completion of its $274 million acquisition of Axia NetMedia Corporation
- Acts for a major retailer and provides advice for real estate acquisitions, sales and commercial lease matters
- Acted as counsel for numerous private start-up companies in connection with a wide range of corporate transactions, including seed capital financings and share and asset acquisitions and divestitures
- Acts for lenders and borrowers in relation to secured loans and acquisition financings
- J.D., University of Alberta, 2014
- B.A., (with Distinction), University of Alberta, 2010
- Former Volunteer, Pro Bono Law Alberta, Civil Claims Duty Counsel
- Former Volunteer, Student Legal Services, University of Alberta
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Association of Women Lawyers
- Member, Women in Capital Markets