Zoltán Marosi's main area of expertise lies in Hungarian and EU antitrust law, consumer protection law and administrative litigation.
He has published numerous articles and book excerpts in the fields of competition law, commercial law and European Union law.
He is currently a lecturer of EU law and EU competition law at ELTE School of Law and the Bibó István College for Advanced Studies and serves as a member of the Hungarian committee of bar examiners. Furthermore, he is an officer of the International Bar Association, serving on its Antitrust Committee. Zoltán is also a non-governmental advisor in the International Competition Network to the European Commission's DG COMP.
- J.D., Eötvös Loránd University, Faculty of Law, Budapest, Hungary
- MJur, University of Oxford European and Comparative Law
- Zoltán Marosi has an excellent standing in the market for his advice to clients on consumer protection cases involving unfair commercial practices. He further represents clients from a multitude of industries on merger control matters. One interviewee comments: "Zoltán is very smart, and works well with the team." – Chambers Europe, 2022
- Zoltán Marosi has a broad competition practice, assisting clients with merger control and procurement matters, as well as contentious mandates, such as cartel investigations, follow-on damages claims and judicial reviews of HCA decisions. One client praises his "sound knowledge of competition law" and particularly appreciates that Marosi "really knows what the business needs." - Chambers Europe, 2021
- Information Exchange and Related Risks, edited by Zoltan Marosi and Marcio Soares with a Foreword by Anthony M. Collins (Court of Justice of the European Union), published in cooperation with the International Bar Association
- Chapter on Hungary/ sanctions (with Árpád Hargita) in Kellezi, Kilpatrick, Kobel (eds): Liability for Antitrust Law Infringements & Protection of IP Rights in Distribution, 2019
- Various contributions to Practical Law Multijurisdictional Newsletter (summaries of Hungarian cases).
- Various contributions to Oxford University Press – Competition: https://oxcat.ouplaw.com/
- Blogposts on the first Hungarian competition law blog (in Hungarian): www.jogiforum.hu/versenyjog, tulnagyaverseny.blog.hu
- E-Commerce Hungary competition authority "meetup": recent questions in e-commerce and consumer protection (webinar, 13 January 2022.)
- Hungarian Competition Authority mini-conference on latest developments in relation to the judicial review of the authority's decisions (webinar, 9 November 2021)
- European Competition Lawyers Association conference: "Protect the consumers, fairness in competition, a new paradigm?" (Madrid, Spain, 1 October 2021)
- International Bar Association, 25th Annual Competition Conference: recent developments in international merger control (moderator, Florence, Italy, 1 September 2021)
- Hungarian Association of British Alumni: The application of competition law to Big Tech (webinar, 26 May 2021)
- University of Nottigham guest talk: Hungarian cases concerning EU state aid law (webinar, 23 April 2021)
- E-Commerce Hungary webinar on the future of e-commerce's legal framework (webinar, 8 April 2021)
- Discussion at the Hungarian Competition Law Association on the procedural changes brought about by the ECN+ directive (3 March 2021., webinar)
- International Competition Network conference, "Leniency perspectives from the private bar" (moderator) (webinar, 11 November 2020)
- Association of Public Procurement Advisors conference on public procurement and cartel challenges (webinar, 4 November 2020)
Rankings and Awards
- Chambers Europe, 2022, Competition/Antitrust, (Individual Rankings): Band 1
- Legal500, 2021 - 2022, Competition, (Individual Rankings): Hall of Fame
- Global Competition Review, 2021 - 2023, Competition, (Individual Rankings): Elite
- Who’s Who Legal: Global Leader, 2021 - 2022, Competition
Memberships And Affiliations
- Officer of the International Bar Association, serving on its Antitrust Committee
- Non-Governmental Advisor at the International Competition Network
- Member of the Hungarian Competition Law Association
- Member of the Hungarian committee of bar examiners
- Board member of the Hungarian Association of British Alumni