Paweł MatejSenior Associate
Paweł Matej advises entities engaged in conducting international trade and providing cross-border services.
He represents clients before common courts of law and administrative courts, as well as before the Polish customs authorities and the European Commission. In addition, Paweł advises clients in penal-fiscal proceedings in relation to the violation of customs law and excise duty regulations.
- Advising a client in proceedings before the European Commission related to expanding the application of anti-dumping customs duty.
- Advising a client in the course of civil and administrative proceedings in relation to a refund of EU subsidies.
- Representing an EU agency in precedential proceedings before common courts in connection with the enforcement of due monies.
- Representing a gambling operator in proceedings concerning the entry of an Internet domain on an official blacklist (i.e. a register of Internet domains offering gambling games contrary to the Polish Gambling Act).
- Representing the president of the management board of an oil company in penal-fiscal proceedings concerning the diminishing of a tax receivable.
- University of Warsaw, Master of Laws, 2012
- May 2019 - present, Senior Associate, DLA Piper, Warsaw
- May 2016 - April 2019, Associate, DLA Piper, Warsaw
- June 2013 - April 2016, Junior Associate, DLA Piper, Warsaw
Memberships And Affiliations
- Advocate, member of the Warsaw Bar Association, 2017