Alex Meiseles MeiselesPartner
Alex Meiseles focuses his corporate practice on advising clients on mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and other corporate transactions. His M&A clients include both strategic and private equity buyers and sellers, with recent deals that range from several million dollars to more than US$1 billion in value and across various specialized market sectors.
Alex also advises startups and their founders regarding various strategic initiatives and from inception through business development and the founders' exit.
- Represented Legrand North and Central America, an electrical and digital building infrastructure company, in various acquisitions across multiple verticals, such as audiovisual, lighting, data center and power distribution, intelligent power and IP networking, including its US$1.2 billion acquisition of Milestone AV Technologies, as well as its acquisitions of Champion ONE, Focal Point, Starline (formerly known as Universal Electric), Kenall, Server Technology, Finelite, Pinnacle Architectural Lighting, Luxul and Raritan.
- Represented Ascensus, the nation’s largest independent retirement and college savings services provider, in over 35 acquisitions, including its acquisitions of UnifyHR, BB&T’s bundled recordkeeping business, Goldleaf Partners, Nyhart, United Retirement Plan Consultants, Provident Trust Group and Sallie Mae’s 529 college savings plan administrator, Upromise Investments.
- Represented LiquidityEdge, a financial technology services provider, in its corporate organizational work and US $150 million sale to MarketAxess Holdings Inc.
- Represented Hartfield, Titus & Donnelly, a financial services company, in connection with the sale of its subsidiary, MuniBrokers, to MarketAxess Holdings Inc., as well as various other corporate and strategic matters.
- Represented a private equity firm focusing on investments in the industrial services sector in various transactions.
- Represented a private equity firm focusing on investments in software companies in various transactions, including its strategic investment in a software-based sales and marketing solutions provider.
- Represented a private equity-sponsored business providing digital marketing, advertising and analytics solutions to the real estate sector in its sale.
- Represented a private equity-sponsored expert in collecting, aggregating, managing and ethically deploying public record data in the driver monitoring, risk management and medical revenue recovery sectors in its sale to a public company.
- Represented a private equity-sponsored national third-party employee benefits administrator in its acquisition of a regional third-party employee benefits administrator.
- Represented a private equity-sponsored technology-enabled marketing firm serving the senior living sector in its acquisition of a senior living-focused sales consulting company.
- Represented a family-owned firm in its sale of a controlling interest in its solar energy business to a private equity firm.
- Represented an engineering testing firm in its sale to a private equity firm.
- Represented Onyx Enterprises International Corporation, a leading e-commerce platform for niche markets focused on the auto parts space, in a business combination with Legacy Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), the combination of which resulted in a NYSE publicly traded company named PARTS iD, Inc.
- Represented a New York City-based real estate developer in connection with several luxury residential real estate projects throughout Manhattan and Queens, including the negotiation of developer-level and preferred equity-level joint ventures, senior and mezzanine financing, and consummation of equity raises.
- Represented several real estate developers throughout New York and New Jersey in connection with various hotel and resort and other real estate projects, including the negotiation of developer-level and preferred equity-level joint ventures and consummation of equity raises and financing.
- Represented a producer of advanced material technology and sustainable insultation products in its sale to a private equity firm.
- Represented a leading global functional service provider (FSP) serving the biopharmaceutical industry in its sale to a public company.
- Represented ENSO LP and affiliates, providers of data analytics to financial institutions, in an equity sale to ICAP plc.
- Represented a technology company in its corporate organizational work, DIP financing to, and ultimate purchase through 363 bankruptcy, of substantially all of the assets of a digital ad tech company.
- Represented a private equity firm in the sale of a multinational manufacturer in the transportation sector.
- Represented a startup company in the infrared technology space with corporate organizational matters and its subsequent offering of Series Seed Preferred Stock.
- Represented a publicly traded company in connection with multiple divestitures of business segments that provide military and civilian aircraft components and other parts, as well as metal-forming machines.
- Represented an international educational services provider in connection with a management buyout from a private equity seller.
- Represented a private label tea and coffee company based in the United Kingdom in the acquisition of a U.S.-based natural ingredients supplier.
- Represented a medical device design and manufacturing business in connection with its sale to a robotic-assisted surgery company.
- J.D., Columbia University School of Law
Parker School Certificate in Foreign and Comparative Law
- B.A., University of Maryland
Magna cum laude
- Chambers USA – New Jersey, Corporate/M&A, "Attorney to Watch," 2020-21
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, Business Section, American Bar Association
- Member, Business Law Section, New Jersey State Bar Association