Levente Molnár *Senior Associate
Levente Molnár has significant experience in the field of competition law.
His major practice areas include Hungarian and EU completion law, in particular mergers, consumer protection cases, cartels and state aid matters. He has extensive experience in forensic reviews and compliance investigations.
He successfully advised and represented clients in complex cartel cases and consumer protection matters, in administrative litigations as well as in front of the Court of Justice the European Union.
- Representing the client being active in the construction industry in “follow-on” actions in front of Hungarian civil courts.
- Representing and acting for a leading rail freight forwarder company in relation to national and EU cartel investigations concerning the block train segment.
- Preparation and drafting of merger notification, coordination of multi-jurisdictional filing relating to the poultry industry.
- Advice to and representation of the clients in judicial review proceedings against the Hungarian Competition Authority's decision, which found for an infringement of Hungarian consumer protection laws and imposed a record fine on the client operating online dating websites.
- Advice to and representation of the client in competition proceedings relating to an alleged complex restrictive agreement concerning the production and resale level of the Hungarian fertilizer market.
- Supervising and coordinating of forensic (compliance) reviews on various databases of retailer chains, recruitment agencies and agricultural companies.
Before joining DLA Piper Hungary, Levente worked in cooperation with Oppenheim Law Firm (previously with Fresh¬fields Bruckhaus Deringer Budapest). He successfully advised and represented clients in complex cartel cases and consumer protection matters, in administrative litigations as well as in front of the Court of Justice the European Union.
Rankings & Awards
- Hungarian Banking Association Golden Beehive Award (2020)