Laura Moorcroft advises on complex high value commercial litigation, arbitrations and regulatory investigations, often with an international focus. Laura predominately acts for multinational corporations in resolving high value disputes, and has acted in a wide range of matters across a number of sectors before the High Court, and in the LCIA and the ICC.
- Acting for one of the world's largest hotel and leisure groups in numerous actions, including in:
- two related LCIA arbitrations (both London seats) regarding the interpretation and termination of franchise agreements in Germany and the performance of the franchisee; and
- an ICC arbitration (London seat) in a claim involving allegations of misrepresentation and alleged losses of over $36m regarding the development of a hotel in Ethiopia.
- Acting for an international hotel operator in an LCIA arbitration (London seat) relating to a dispute arising out of a hotel management agreement for a hotel based in London.
- Acting in the London Circuit Commercial Court for a live entertainment company and its directors in the defence of a fraudulent misrepresentation claim.
- Acting in the Commercial Court in relation to a dispute arising out of the management and maintenance of an aircraft.
- Acting in two related claims in the London Circuit Commercial Court concerning a disputed series of aircraft maintenance agreements, a director’s service agreement, and a claim on a promissory note.
- Acting in the London Circuit Commercial Court in a breach of contract claim regarding the alleged wrongful termination of a supply agreement and the production of defective products.
- Acting for an asset finance provider in relation to its rights of termination and enforcement over financed medical equipment.
- Acting for the Premier League in the investigations of the transfer of academy players from category one academies to other category one academies.
- University of Liverpool, LLB, First Class Hons, 2014
- The University of Law, LPC, Distinction, 2015