Rob also regularly advises on M&A transactions, acting for both private and public companies with a particular focus on cross-border transactions, as well as venture capital and private equity transactions, including investments, MBOs, secondary buyouts, exits and debt/equity reorganisations.
Alongside the transactional matters, Rob also regularly advises on joint ventures and corporate partnerships both in the private and public sector. He is a member of our Boardroom Advisory Services group, frequently advising on ESG related matters and how to treat trust and reputation as a balance sheet asset. Rob is a member of the global Life Sciences sector, heading up this sector in the Birmingham office. He acts for a number of listed and unlisted life sciences companies and regularly publishes articles on the sector. Rob is also prominent in the real estate sector, commonly advising on joint venture and corporate structures through which real estate projects are established, developed and delivered.
Rob is a member of the London Stock Exchange’s Regional Advisory Group and an honorary lecturer at the University of Birmingham. He also regularly volunteers and speaks at local incubators, offering pro bono advice to start-ups looking for a hand-up, particularly in the Life Sciences sector.
- Acting for Knights on its GBP103.5 million AIM IPO.
- Acting for Watkin Jones on its GBP255 million AIM IPO.
- Acting Synergy Health on STERIS Corporation's USD5.2 billion takeover (tax inversion).
- Acting Clinigen on its GBP150 million public takeover of Quantum Pharma.
- Acting for Dechra Pharmaceuticals on its EUR340 million class one acquisition of AST Pharma and Le Vet and associated GBP100 million accelerated bookbuild placing.
- Acting for Liberum Capital as Nomad and bookrunner on Time Out’s GBP195 AIM IPO.
- Acting for Numis (sponsor and joint bookrunner) and Shore Capital (joint bookrunner) on the GBP200 million IPO of Motorpoint on to the Main Market.
- Acting for Avison Young on three separate acquisitions of UK commercial real estate firms.
- Acting for Iron Mountain on its disposal of its paper shredding businesses in UK, Australia and Ireland to Shred-lt.
- Acting for National Grid in establishing a joint venture partnership with a major UK housebuilder in respect of developing out its land bank.
- University of Law, GDL & LPC
- University of Leicester, BA Politics
Memberships And Affiliations
- Rob is an honorary lecturer at the University of Birmingham
- Rob regularly volunteers and speaks at local incubators, offering pro bono advice to start-ups looking for a hand-up particularly in the Life Sciences sector