Yong Min OhAssociate
Yong Min has extensive experience litigating before the state and federal courts in the State of New York, and was based in South Korea for over a decade working for a major South Korean trading company and a global manufacturer of consumer electronics.
- Acted for members of a joint venture in a dispute with another member of the joint venture arising in connection with a construction project for the Singapore Ministry of Health.
- Successfully obtained an award in favor of a manufacturer of fabricated metal products as a co-respondent in ad hoc arbitration involving a contract dispute arising in connection with an Indonesian government project, governed under Indonesian law and seated in Singapore.
- Advised multiple Chinese and Singapore financial institutions on U.S. export control, sanctions, and CFIUS risks.
- Conducted an assessment of distribution channel management for a global consumer electronics manufacturer.
- Conducted Asia-wide trade compliance gap assessment for a Japanese electronics firm.
- Conducted trade compliance gap assessment and advised on compliance with U.S. sanctions on Russia for global telecommunications service provider.
- Assisted clients with merger filings in the United States pursuant to the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act (HSR Act).
Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2003
- Cornell University, B.A., 1997
- Judicial Clerkship, Hon. Nicholas Tsoucalas, United States Court of International Trade, 2007 – 2009