Imran has a practice focused on corporate and commercial disputes.
Imran has represented clients working across multiple industries with shareholder disputes, director and officer liability, fraud, oppression and derivative claims under the Business Corporations Act, partnership and employment disputes, and professional discipline matters. He has extensive experience with injunctions, replevin, and other emergency Court Orders.
Imran has represented clients before all levels of Court in Alberta, as well as before numerous boards, tribunals, and arbitration panels. Imran has lectured at the University of Alberta School of Business on the enforcement of secured interests, and at the University of Alberta Faculty of Engineering on professional discipline.
- LLB, University of Alberta, 2006
- Director, Rising Stars Cricket Club
- Member, Edmonton Police Service Muslim Community Liaison Committee
- Counsel and consultant to several Edmonton Muslim organizations
- Past Director, Markaz Mosque Edmonton
- Past Communications Consultant, Provincial Political Campaign
- Co-founder and Past Board Member, Mosquers Awards Festival
Memberships and Affiliations
- Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Advocates Society
- Past Lecturer on Professional Discipline, Faculty of Engineering, University of Alberta
- Past Lecturer on Enforcement of Secured Interests, University of Alberta School of Business
- Legal Aid Lawyer for Edmonton Community Legal Centre