Leanne RogersLegal Director
Leanne Rogers focuses on complex financial lines insurance claims, advising clients on policy coverage and the provision of defence monitoring on a global scale.
In particular, Leanne has significant experience in advising on coverage and providing defence monitoring under international D&O policies, including matters involving securities class actions, regulatory investigations, and boardroom fall-outs.
She is also adept in advising upon coverage arising under financial institution polices, including Management Liability, Civil Liability, and Comprehensive Crime.
Working for a number of insurers, Leanne advises on coverage and claim response under warranty and indemnity policies, maximising upon the multi-disciplinary offering of the global DLA Piper network.
- Engaged by primary layer insurers to provide coverage and monitoring advice under a global D&O programme in relation to numerous securities claims and regulatory investigations in the Netherlands, Germany and South Africa involving a sizeable number of insured entities and persons, with total claims value placed at c.EUR 12bn.
- Advising insurers on D&O Policy issues for outside entity directors of an international telecommunications company, who are facing fraudulent trading and breach of fiduciary duty claims in the US, London and Luxembourg, in excess of EUR 1bn.
- Advising on coverage under POSI and D&O policies in relation to a global financial services company facing allegations of accounting fraud and associated regulatory investigations.
- Engaged by London market insurers as part of a cross-jurisdictional team to advise on coverage of claims made under FI Comprehensive Crime reinsurance policies relating to extensive fraud upon Mexican central banking systems.
- Appointed by seller-side W&I insurers to provide coverage advice and defence monitoring of a significant breach of warranty claim, securing a discontinuance of the underlying claim and complete recovery of insurers' indemnity outlay.
- Instructed by buyer-side W&I insurers to provide coverage advice in relation to a significant SPA dispute and associated subrogated recoveries.
- Advising W&I insurers on alleged financial statements warranties breaches regarding undisclosed liabilities of an international online insurance business and loss of USD 40m investment.
- BPP Law School, Legal Practice Course
- Sheffield Hallam University, LLB (Hons) Law
Leanne is recognised as a "key lawyer" in the Legal 500 (2020)
- 2017-21, Senior Associate, Global Professional & Financial Lines, London office of an international law firm
- 2015-17, Associate, Global Professional & Financial Lines, London office of an international law firm
- 2011-15, Solicitor, Professional & Financial Lines, Manchester office of an international law firm
My latest insights
DLA Piper's Practical Guide for Claims Managers in 2022 – Part 9
28 September 2022 .22 minute read