Szymon SakowskiSenior Associate
Szymon Sakowski represents clients in civil litigation and arbitration proceedings. In his practice Szymon has advised clients in the interim measures, enforcement, and post-arbitration proceedings, also in the pre-litigation strategy and communication. He has experience in representing clients from the sectors of energy, construction, banking, insurance, aviation and manufacturing.
Szymon has represented clients from the construction sector in the disputes related to contractual liability, in particular claim of contractors and sub-contractors resulting from the complex infrastructure investments.
Szymon has represented banks and insurance companies in the litigation over the alleged misselling of securities or tort liability.
He has also advised to local and foreign entities with regard to disputes of counterfeiting unfair competition, e.g. protection of trade secrets or discriminatory pricing. In those proceedings Szymon has been supporting the clients during the court proceedings, as well as at the pre-litigation stage with managing the evidence.
- Advising an international real estate investor in arbitration proceedings conducted by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- Advising numerous Polish and foreign entities from various sectors on issues related to public procurement law, including proceedings conducted by the National Chamber of Appeals
- Advising a Polish construction company in a dispute concerning the protection of personal interests
- Advising a Polish airline on a number of cases concerning flight delays conducted by both Polish and foreign courts
- Mikołaj Kopernik University, Master of Laws, 2014
My latest insights
Race Around European Class Actions - Part 2: Update on Recent Developments
18 September 2023 .7 minute read
DLA Piper advises Equinor / Wento on the acquisition of the 26 MW 'Wilko' onshore wind...
14 September 2023 .1 minute read