- Defending a global bank in a claim relating to a specialist insurance adviser’s alleged commission fees, arising from the assignment of security for multi-million dollar ship financing loans.
- Advising a global bank in a claim relating to the payment of alleged brokerage fees owed to a third party agent, successfully defending the claim for the Bank as well as succeeding in a Part 20 restitutionary claim against the third party agent.
- Acting for a global bank in successfully preventing the enforcement of a judgment debt procured as a result of a fraudulent claim. Successfully set aside the default judgment with costs awarded on an indemnity basis against the claimant’s professional advisers.
- Acting for a credit manager in relation to a multi-million pound claim in Commercial Court, relating to an unpaid break fee under a Mandate Document. Successfully obtained summary judgment for the full value of the claim.
- Acting for CBILS lender in relation to a multi-million pound claim against its lending partner. The litigation was the first of its kind in relation to the Government’s CBILS scheme and included successfully obtaining an interim order in the London Circuit Commercial Court for injunctive relief to prevent the partner from enforcing its security.
- Advising a leading global cryptocurrency exchange in relation to a multi-million pound dispute with its payment services provider.
- Advising a UK client in a Chinese seated arbitration (CIETAC) as an innocent third party to a large-scale fraud, successfully defending the claim.
University of Law, Legal Practice Course and MSc in Law, Business and Management, Distinction, 2019
University of Nottingham, Law with German and German Law BA (Hons), Second Class, Division One, with Distinction in spoken German, 2018
- Leibniz Universität Hannover, Erasmus, Law, 2017
- Victor supports the Let’s Read Programme by Learning Partnerships as a volunteer, helping to raise levels of literacy amongst inner-city primary school children.