Connor M. ScottAssociate
Connor Scott focuses on complex litigation ranging from products liability, mass toxic tort, intellectual property, insurance disputes, and breach of contract. Connor's practice includes the defense of pharmaceutical and life sciences companies in a variety of matters, and Connor has significant experience defending against major multidistrict litigation. Connor has also represented the world’s largest petroleum and chemical companies in high-stakes premises and products liability trials.
- Defended large petrochemical company in land-based refinery action, resulting in nonsuit/directed verdict in client’s favor at close of plaintiffs’ case. Los Angeles, CA.
- Significant experience as part of a team defending against major multidistict litigation in the Southern District of Florida, culminating in defense victory at general causation stage.
- Represented one of the world’s largest cancer charities in international arbitration regarding breach of drug development contracts.
- Successfully represented transgender asylum applicant from El Salvador on a pro bono basis, resulting in a grant of asylum against government opposition. Recieved Public Counsel’s Immigrants Rights Project Asylum Award for this work.
- Successfully defended major insurance carriers against COVID-19 property damage coverage claims in both state and federal courts. Los Angeles, CA.
- Defended elevator manufacturer and maintenance company in catastrophic injury case, resulting in victory on motion for summary judgement. Los Angeles, CA.
- Defended elevator manufacturer at trial in catastrophic injury case, resulting in nonsuit/directed verdict in client’s favor at close of plaintiff’s case. San Bernardino, CA.
- J.D., University of Connecticut School of Law
- B.A., University of Connecticut
- Named to “Rising Star” list by Super Lawyers (2023)
- Immigrants Rights Project - Asylum Team - Pro Bono award by Public Counsel (2022)
- Partner in Justice Award - Center for Justice and Accountability (2021)
- Co-Author, "How to Kennemurize Your Opponent’s Expert," ASDC Verdict Magazine Vol. 1, 2021
- Co-Author, "What Attorneys Should Consider Before Waiving Jury Trial Right," Law360, May 8, 2020
- Co-Author, "California Appeals Court Confirms Duty to Defend is (I) A Question of Law and (II) Arises Immediately Upon Tender," Dentons Insights, March 26, 2019
- Co-Author, "Is It Asbestos? It’s All in The Form: Asbestiform vs. Non-Asbestiform," In-House Defense Quarterly, Fall 2019
- Author, "Justification and Defensibility of Torture," Conn. J. of Int'l Law, Vol. 32, Issue 1, Fall 2016