Pabe SuurdLegal Director
Pabe Suurd is an experienced corporate lawyer and candidate civil-law notary, with broad and significant experience corporate law.
His practice includes general corporate law, public and private M&A, IPOs and securities law, corporate restructurings and reorganisations, corporate governance and joint ventures. Pabe often acts as lead lawyer in (cross-border) transactions for both Dutch and non-Dutch clients. Pabe acts for a broad variety of clients, including listed and non-listed corporates, financial institutions, tech- and bioscience companies.
- Acting as lead lawyer on the legal separation of a pan-European food producer, across 14 jurisdictions.
- Advising a Canadian listed mining company on its legal and tax migration of multiple entities from the BVI to the Netherlands.
- Advising a Belgian media imperium on its public take offer bid on a Dutch listed newspaper.
- Assisting a listed Belgian headquartered retailer in its cross-border merger with a Dutch listed retailer, creating one of the largest retailers of the globe.
- Assisting a Japanese listed corporate on its public offer on a leading European staffing company with a presence in the Netherlands, France, Germany, and Belgium among other countries, marking its full entry into Europe.
- Advising a Canadian pension fund setting up an investment platform in the Netherlands, followed by multiple successful target acquisitions across the board in Europe and in various sectors including utilities, infrastructure and real estate.
- Dutch Royal Notarial Organisation, Notarial Professional Education, 2014
- Amsterdam University, Master of Laws, Notarial Law, 2010
Prior to joining DLA Piper, Pabe has spent most of his career with a London headquartered international law firm, working from the Amsterdam office. In 2016-2017 Pabe was seconded to a leading law firm in South Africa, where he has gained valuable experience in complex cross-border transactions and advice.
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises The Kingfish Company on its successful unsecured convertible loan raise
6 July 2023 .1 minute read