Simon Vogel LL.M.Partner
Simon Vogel regularly advises private equity and other alternative asset fund managers, institutional investors and investment advisors on fund formations and fund raisings, secondary transactions, fund investments, internal governance, compliance and organization, carried interest and co-investment arrangements, spinouts, re-organizations and restructurings.
He also has extensive experience in a broad range of corporate and securities transactions and represents public and private companies, private equity funds and their portfolio companies in a variety of transactions, including mergers & acquisitions, private equity and venture capital transactions, dispositions, leveraged buyouts, management buyouts, joint ventures and restructurings.
- Advising the shareholders of FastBill, one of Germany's leading cloud accounting and invoicing software solutions, on the sale of FastBill to FreshBooks, a leading cloud accounting software provider from Canada.
- Advising the shareholders of riskmethods GmbH, a leading provider of AI-powered supply chain risk management software, on the sale to Sphera.
- Advising The Carlyle Group on its investment in HSO Group, a leading global Microsoft Dynamics 365 partner, serving clients across Europe, North America and Asia.
- Advising Jochen Schweizer on the sale of Jochen Schweizer GmbH to ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE and acquisition of a minority interest in newly formed Jochen Schweizer mydays Holding GmbH, under which Jochen Schweizer GmbH and mydays GmbH were combined.*
- Advising FinLab on the launch of a 100 million dollar fund, which is a joint venture with Block.one, the developer behind the blockchain software EOS.IO and on investments such as in AUTHADA GmbH, Instaffo GmbH, ONPEX Holding GmbH, Next Big Thing AG, Moonlighting, Inc., Uplandme, Inc., New Horizon GmbH (Operator of the Gapless-App) and Sparrow.
- Advising Family Trust Investor on the launch of a mid-cap focused private equity fund.
- Advising an alternative investment fund of fund manager on a number of investments into global private equity, debt and infrastructure funds.
- Advising a real estate fund manager on the structuring and closing of a closed-ended real estate private equity fund.*
- Advising Jochen Schweizer on the acquisition of social network Spontacts GmbH, investment into ticketing platform Regiondo GmbH as well as on seed investments made in the course of the TV show “Die Höhle der Löwen” (German equivalent to “Shark Tank” in the US and “Dragons Den” in the UK), e.g. “Babo Blue”, “Lendstar”, “HipTrips”, “Spottster”, “Foreverly” and “Meine Spielzeugkiste“.*
*Denotes experience from a previous firm
- University of Southern California, Gould School of Law, LL.M., 2007
- Higher Regional Court of Munich, Second State Examination, 2004
- Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich, First State Examination, 2002
- JUVE Handbook 2022/2023: Frequently recommended for private equity transactions (mid cap) and venture capital
- Legal 500 Germany 2023: Recommended for private equity: transactions
- Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2023: Recommended for M&A
- 2018 - today: Partner at DLA Piper
- 2017 - 2018: Partner at an international law firm
- 2014 - 2016: Counsel at an international law firm
- 2011 - 2013: Associate at an international law firm
- 2007 - 2011: Associate at an international law firm
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises CamperBoys on minority investment by Helvetia Venture Fund
10 February 2023 .1 minute read
DLA Piper advises shareholders of software company riskmethods on sale to Sphera
14 September 2022 .2 minute read