Richard DassinSenior Associate
Richard Dassin's practice focuses on banking and financial law.
He advices local and international clients (corporate and local authorities) on debt capital market issues involving issuance of bonds and the establishment of EMTN (Euro Medium Term Notes) programs.
Richard also advises clients on complex issues involving derivatives, including: negotiating, reviewing and drafting FBF/ISDA (French Banking Federation/International Swap and Derivatives Association) relevant documentation.
- Advising Bank of Sharjah PJSC as senior lender, in relation to a gas production project in Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
- Advising HSBC in relation to a facility made available to a borrower for the financing of the acquisition of U-Bora Tower in Dubai.
- Advising Boubyan Bank on several facilities including a refinancing for the acquisition of a land and building leased to Hartland School and advising on several interbanking facilities.
- Advising Gulf Finance House on their multi-tranche Islamic financing of the acquisition of The Entertainer business and continuing financing restructuring.
- Advising Mediclinic, a FTSE 100 healthcare company, in relation to various bilateral and syndicated facilities.
- Advising EIB in relation to secured and guaranteed facility agreement involving Middle-east cross border transactions.
- Advising Bank of Sharjah in relation to a secured facility in relation to a real estate development project in Sharjah.
- Advising several banks (including ING, Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank, Absa Bank, Rabobank) on several cross-border financing involving UAE obligors.
- American University Washington College of law, LL.M in international legal studies, 2011
- University of Aix-Marseille, Master of international business law; DJCE (Diplôme de Juriste Conseil Entreprise), 2009
- University of Sheffield, Master in business law, 2008