Privacy requirements for clinical trials: a cross-border guide
The DLA Piper Life Sciences sector team are delighted to announce the launch of our new Cross-border Guide to Clinical Trials and Privacy.
This Guide - created by privacy professionals from our global Life Sciences sector team - covers privacy requirements in 25 jurisdictions and provides useful guidance for the industry.
It offers an overview of the main privacy-related issues arising within clinical trials and answers questions pertaining to:
- Extraterritorial applicability of legislation.
- Legal ground for processing personal data in conducting clinical trials and performing pharmacovigilance activities.
- Privacy role of the stakeholders involved.
- Key-coded clinical trial data.
- Secondary use.
- International transfer of personal data.
We hope that you find this guide to be a useful tool in helping you to navigate the regulation within the sector.