Gianmarco ScialpiLegal Director
Gianmarco Scialpi is a Legal Director in the Corporate/M&A department and is based in the Rome office.
Gianmarco is a transactional lawyer who focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity and project development transactions in a broad range of industries.
Gianmarco has specific expertise and extensive experience in the energy sector. He advises domestic and international clients on structuring and negotiating the development, construction, operation and maintenance of renewable energy projects.
He assists clients in drafting and negotiating all transaction documents, including share purchase agreements, joint venture agreements, shareholders' agreements, facility agreements, PPAs, EPC and O&M agreements. Gianmarco also counsels clients on general corporate and civil matters and on foreign direct investment rules including “golden powers”.
- Advised EDP Energia Italia, a company controlled by EDP Comercial Comercialização de Energia S.A., retail division of the EDP Group, in the purchase of the entire corporate capital of an Italian company specialized within the photovoltaic sector;
- Advising a primary UK fund, one of the world's largest investors in renewable power with approximately 21,000 megawatts of generating capacity and over $65B assets under management, within the execution of a framework and development agreement for the acquisition and development of a pipeline of PV projects located in various Italian regions for a capacity up to 500 MW;
- Advising a primary German based investment and development company with over Eur 13.9B of assets under management, within the execution of development agreements agreement for the acquisition and development of a pipeline of PV projects located in various Italian regions for a capacity up to 150 MW
- Assisting a leading photovoltaic operator based in Hong Kong and listed on the Chinese stock exchange in the sale of a portfolio of 7 operating photovoltaic plants;
- Advising a leading domestic asset developer in the structuring and execution of a competitive process for the selection of an investor for co-development of an approx. 148 MW solar and wind pipeline in Italy, including with respect to drafting and negotiating all the transaction documents with the selected investor (being the largest Italian player in the renewables energy sector);
- Advising SUSI Partners AG within the acquisition of a majority stake in Italian energy service company Genera Group owning eight SPVs managing 12 operating energy efficiency projects in Italy and Brazil. These operating projects are expected to generate, on aggregate, savings in excess of 1 million tCO2;
- Assisted Canadian Solar UK Projects on the sale to Sonnedix of a 17MW portfolio of PV Plants under construction in market parity regime in Sicily Region. One of the first subsidy-free transactions which includes construction phase and PPA;
- Advised a leading listed US based pharmaceutical group within the reorganization of its Italian companies structure;
- Advised listed US-based chemical group in the acquisition and in the sale of a leading Italian chemical manufacturer;
- Advised a Chinese engine manufacturer in the acquisition of a majority stake of an Italian based company engaged in the manufacturing of diesel motors;
- Advised a French global investor and asset manager specializing in public and community infrastructure with a long-term view in the acquisition of a majority stake of a special purpose vehicle concessionaire of a public transportation railway in Italy;
- Advised a leading company in the European organic and natural food market in the acquisition of an Italian primary company in the production and distribution of traditional frozen food;
- Advised a leading steel-wire ropes manufacturer in the sale of the company;
- Advised a Japanese corporation in the sale of its diagnostic division;
- University of Naples, Federico II, Law degree
- University of Bologna, Masters in international law
- 24ore Business School, Second degree Masters in Labour Law (Diritto del Lavoro, Contenzioso e Relazioni Sindacali)