Dylan advises clients across all stages of the corporate life cycle, from early-stage start-up companies, emerging growth and pre-IPO companies, fast growth companies, to mature private and public companies. His work mainly focuses on domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, as well as fundraising transactions. His work with innovative companies of this type means he is at the cutting edge of corporate and transaction structuring. He also advises venture capital firms, private equity firms and other institutional investors in undertaking strategic transactions.
Dylan principally advises in the technology sector, and also has strong credentials in the consumer goods, food and retail sector, particularly in the private M&A space.
Dylan is a leading advisor in employee share option plan (ESOP) formation and structuring, assisting companies to attract, retain and incentivise staff throughout the company’s growth journey. Dylan has recently worked with many emerging-growth companies and fast-growth companies on their ESOP structuring, particularly as many companies in that space restructure their ESOP arrangements.
- Advising Worldline on its acquisition of 51% of the merchant acquiring business of ANZ Bank, with an enterprise value of AUD925m and related 10 year strategic alliance arrangements.
- Advising ASX-listed cloud accounting software business Xero Limited on its AUD80 million acquisition of cloud-based lending platform Waddle, as well as on its acquisition of Planday, a workforce management platform based in Denmark, for up to EUR183.5m (approximately AUD285m).
- Advising ASX-listed medicinal cannabis company, Althea Group Holdings Ltd (ASX: AGH), on its acquisition of Canadian extraction and contract manufacturing company Peak Processing Solutions, together with Althea's associated AUD30m capital raising undertaken by way of a placement of new shares to institutional investors.
- Advising the sellers of Boscastle Pastries and Foods, an award winning Australian pastry business, on the sale to Pacific Equity Partners, a national private equity firm.
- Advising Waterlogic on its 100% acquisition of Melbourne-headquartered Billi, a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of boiling, chilled and sparkling filtered drinking water under-the-sink units operating in Australia, the UK and international markets.
- Advising the Australian Football League (AFL) on the landmark acquisition of Melbourne's Etihad Stadium in the Melbourne Docklands.
- Advising Liberty Global on its investment into iFlix Limited, an over-the-top streaming service for emerging markets.
- Advising OneVentures on the sale of Charm Health to then ASX-listed Citadel Group Limited. Charm Health is Australia’s leading supplier of oncology e-health systems.
- Acting for GE Capital on the sale of a significant Pan-European business involving 20 European jurisdictions, China, Bermuda and the United States. The sale was preceded by a very complex pre-closing reorganisation.
- Advising many emerging-growth companies and fast-growth companies on fundraising rounds (including Series A/Series B transactions, venture debt transactions and other strategic stake acquisitions).
- "Two-strikes with the legislative dagger slay the drafting error - The introduction of the Corporations Amendment (Proxy Voting) Act 2012", July 2012
Memberships And Affiliations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Australia-Japan Society of Victoria