Jyoti is a highly experienced corporate M&A practitioner focusing on complex, cross border and domestic private treaty M&A and equity raisings for clients in the financial institutions, food & agribusiness, transport and technology & innovation industries.
Jyoti also regularly acts for W&I insurers and has developed her W&I underwriting practice into one of Australia's leading offerings. Jyoti and her team are seen as trusted advisers to these clients whether they are longstanding insurance companies or new insurers entering the market and also have strong relationships with all leading W&I brokers.
Jyoti is highly regarded by clients for her technical and commercial acumen and her ability to build rapport with all members of a transaction team.
- Advising Linfox on
– the sale of the TransBass business to Toll holdings *
– its acquisition of Aurizon’s Queensland intermodal business*
- Advising AKD on its acquisition of sawmills from Carter Holt Harvey*
- Advising Diversified Communications on the acquisition of portfolio of events and exhibitions in Australia, Singapore and HK*
- Advising Asahi Holdings on its acquisition of the water and juice business of P&N Beverages Australia Pty Ltd*
- Advising Banpu Public Company Limited on its USD2.5 billion takeover bid for Centennial Coal Company Limited*
- Advising Aurecon Australia on:
– its top-hatting scheme of arrangement and global merger with Aurecon Africa*
– acquisition of Quartile One Pty Ltd*
- Advising Hewlett-Packard Australia on its takeover of Tower Software Engineering*
- Advising Deliveroo on all aspects of its Australian business*
- Acting for AirTrunk on the set-up of its Asia Pacific data centre business and AUD400m capital raising undertaken to fund the development of its first two data centres, which will ultimately be some of the largest in Australia. This has involved providing advice on all aspects of the business including capital structuring, property acquisition, development approvals, customer leases, project financing, construction and procurement contracts and employment advice across various jurisdictions in the Asia Pacific region*
- Advising AIG, Tokio Marine HCC, The Bond and Credit Company, Liberty Global Transaction Solutions, Chubb Insurance Australia, Beazley and other insurers on W&I underwriting matters*
(* - Experience gained while at a previous firm)
- Monash University, Bachelor of Laws, 2004
- Monash University, Bachelor of Economics (Hons), 2004
Lawyers Weekly Senior Associate of the Year, 2013
Memberships And Affiliations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Previous Director of the Victorian Heart Foundation