Chris Pejovic maintains a general corporate commercial practice with a focus on securities and corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, financial services and private equity and venture capital matters.
Chris has experience advising clients based in Canada and abroad in all aspects of corporate and securities law, including public and private mergers and acquisitions, cross-border transactions, public offerings and private placement financings. Chris has also assisted clients representing a broad spectrum of emerging industries with seed and early stage venture capital financings.
Chris acquired his J.D. from the University of Western Ontario, where he obtained an Area of Concentration in Intellectual Property, Information and Technology. During law school, Chris interned in the Legal Affairs branch of the Permanent Mission of Canada to the United Nations in Geneva.
Chris also served as President of the International Law Association, and on the Executive Committee of the University of Western Ontario’s Canadian Lawyers for International Human Rights (CLAIHR) branch.
- Acted for Société BIC (BB:PA) in connection with its acquisition of inkbox ink incorporated, a Canadian-based company producing the leading global brand of semi-permanent tattoos.
- Represented Aphria Inc. (TSX: APHA and NASDAQ: APHA) in its reverse takeover of Tilray, Inc. (NASDAQ: TLRY).
- Acting for Trulieve Cannabis Corp. (CSE: TRUL) (OTC: TCNNF) in its proposed US$2.1 billion acquisition of Harvest Health & Recreation Inc. (CSE: HARV, OTCQX: HRVSF).
- Represented a syndicate of agents, led by Canaccord Genuity Corp., in connection with the US$17 million initial public offering of common shares and units of HempFusion Wellness Inc. (TSX: CBD.U).
- Acted for the agents in connection with a private placement offering of common shares of Zinc8 Energy Solutions Inc. (CSE:ZAIR) for total gross proceeds to the Company of $15.5 million.
- Acted for a major investor in $44 million Series B funding of AI chatbot provider Ada Support.
- Acted for the underwriters in connection with a public offering of units of mCloud Technologies Corp. (TSX-V: MCLD) for gross proceeds of $11.5 million.
- Represented Acreage Holdings, Inc. (CSE: ACRG.U) in its USD$3.4 billion arrangement with Canopy Growth.
- Represented High Street Capital Partners, LLC in connection with its USD$314.2 million subscription receipt financing, reverse take-over of Applied Inventions Management Corp. and the listing of the resulting issuer, Acreage Holdings, Inc. (CSE: ACRG.U), on the Canadian Securities Exchange.
- Advised ASX listed medicinal cannabis company, Althea Group Holdings Ltd (ASX: AGH), on its acquisition of Canadian extraction and contract manufacturing company Peak Processing Solutions, together with Althea's associated AUD30 million capital raising.
- Acted for Santander bank in its investment in Trulioo Information Services Inc.
- Acted for the sellers of Digital Chaos, Inc. (DC), an esports company based in Georgia, USA, in the sale of their shares in DC in exchange for an interest in the acquiror, an Ontario company.
- Acted for Canaccord Genuity Corp. in connection with a short form prospectus offering of debenture units of Chemistree Technology Inc. (CSE: CHM) for gross proceeds of $9.43 million.
- Acted for Canaccord Genuity Corp. in connection with a best efforts private placement of units of HempFusion, Inc. for gross proceeds of US $36 million.
- Acted for CENTR Brands Corp. (CSE: CNTR) in connection with a reverse take-over transaction and CSE listing.
- Acted for a global technology company in the sale of its Chinese division.
- J.D., University of Western Ontario, 2017
- B.Sc (Hons.), Biotechnology, University of Toronto, 2014
- Area of Concentration in Intellectual Property, Information and Technology, University of Western Ontario, 2017
- Global Engagement Honour, University of Western Ontario, 2017
- Alumni Mentor, Innis College Alumni Mentorship Program, University of Toronto
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, Croatian-Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Law Society of Ontario
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, International Bar Association
My latest insights
Insightsoftware announces acquisition of Dundas Data Visualization
7 September 2022 .1 minute read
DLA Piper advises Société BIC SA on its acquisition of inkbox ink incorporated, making BIC...
15 March 2022 .5 minute read