Alex Hudson practices civil and commercial litigation, transportation law, and access to information and privacy law. His transportation practice focuses on railway matters.
Alex has appeared as counsel in the B.C. Supreme Court, the B.C. Court of Appeal, the Federal Court of Canada, and the Federal Court of Appeal. He also has significant experience using railway shipper remedies to help clients achieve better rail rates and service. These remedies include final offer arbitration, level of service arbitration, and level of service complaint proceedings before the Canadian Transportation Agency.
Alex joined the firm as a summer articled student in 2012, articled with the firm in 2013, and joined as an associate in 2014.
- Co-counsel for the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner, British Columbia (Ministry of Justice) v. Maddock 2015 BCSC 746
- J.D., University of British Columbia, 2013
- B.A. (Honours), University of British Columbia, 2009
- Associate to Watch, Chambers Canada (Charities/Non-profits), 2024
- Trek Excellence Scholarship for Continuing Students, 2006 and 2007
- President’s Entrance Scholarship, 2005
- Student Member, Law Society of British Columbia
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia