Head of Americas, Mining
Roy Hudson’s practice is focused on advising both public and private companies, along with investment banks, private equity and debt firms and other parties, involved in mining, energy development and production, energy services, infrastructure, property acquisition and development, construction and technology.
Roy has led many significant corporate transactions over the last 35 years and advises numerous domestic and international enterprises with respect to a wide range of legal matters including financings, acquisitions and divestitures, mergers, reorganizations, restructurings and a broad range of other types of commercial transactions.
Roy has considerable experience in providing legal and strategic business advice to senior executives and directors in respect of matters related to corporate governance, director and executive compensation and regulatory compliance.
Roy has significant experience in international M&A and commercial transactions including, most recently, within the United States, Mexico, Colombia, Australia, Turkey and Papua New Guinea.
- Acted for the owners of the Gray Monk winery in respect of the sale of the winery and related assets to Andrew Peller Limited
- Acted for Iberian Minerals Ltd. in its plan of arrangement and spinout of EnviroLeach Technologies Inc. ("ETI") and listing of ETI shares on the Canadian Securities Exchange
- Acted for High Arctic Energy Services Inc. in its $47 million acquisition of the Production Services division of Tervita Corporation
- Acted for Marsa Energy Inc. in its $45.5 million amalgamation with Sanction Capital Corp.
- Acted for Sundance Energy Corporation in its $22 million amalgamation with Ceno Energy Limited
- Acted for Eaglewood Energy Inc. in its $33 million arrangement with Transform Exploration Pty Ltd.
- LL.B., University of Alberta, 1983
- B.Comm, University of Alberta, 1979
- Best Lawyers in Canada (Mining), 2015-2023; (Securities), 2020-2022
- The Legal 500 Canada (Energy - Mining), 2016-2018
- Lexpert Special Edition, Leading Canadian Lawyers in Global Mining, 2014-2018
- Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory (Mining), 2013-2020, 2022-2023; (Corporate Mid-Market) 2021-2023
- Director and Corporate Secretary, Paleo Energy, Inc.
- Director, Return Energy Inc.
My latest insights
DLA Piper Canada lawyers recognized in 2022 Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
4 March 2022 .59 minute read