Emre AkanHe/himSenior Associate
Emre Akan is an international tax lawyer advising asset managers on the tax aspects of cross-border private equity, real estate and debt investments and the tax structuring of regulated and unregulated investment funds.
Emre also advises large corporate groups on the tax aspects of corporate restructurings, securitization and capital markets transactions.
- Advising a leading insurance group on the structuring, setting up and launching of a real estate alternative investment fund structure focusing on the French retail market.
- Advising a world leading consumer goods company on a mutual agreement procedure between Luxembourg and Russia in relation to a substantial tax dispute with the Russian Tax Authorities.
- Advising a leading multinational financial services corporation on the reorganization of its worldwide holding company structure in order to reposition it following the major US tax reform.
- Representing a US based company in a litigation before the Luxembourg administrative tribunal in relation to the use of the preferential tax regime on intellectual property assets.
- King's College London, International Tax Law, LLM, 2015
- Paris II Panthéon Assas / H.E.C. Paris, Master 2 in International Tax Law, 2014
- Double Tax Treaty Protocol for Russia and Luxembourg, 8 April 2021
- "La nouvelle circulaire 164ter/1 relative au régime des sociétés étrangères contrôlées : entre clarifications équivoques et difficultés pratiques persistantes", Revue de Droit Fiscal, 2020
- "Corporate reorganizations in the US, Belgium and Luxembourg: What should you be considering? Getting the Deal Through (Lexology)", 2020
- International Fiscal Association Luxembourg Report, Cahiers de Droit Fiscal International, Volume 104B : Investment Funds, 2019
- "Le régime fiscal des plans d'option sur acquisition d'actions - Evolutions récentes et perspectives ", Bulletin Droit et Banque ALJB, n°62, 2018
- "Privilege 2016 - France Chapter", Know How Series, Global Investigation Review, 2016
- 2021 - to date: Senior Associate, DLA Piper Luxembourg
- 2019-21: Associate, DLA Piper Luxembourg
- 2017-18: International Law Firm, Luxembourg
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the British Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Luxembourg Banker’s Association (ABBL)
- Member of the Luxembourg Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (LPEA)
- Avocat registered with the list IV of the Barreau de Luxembourg
- Avocat admitted to the Paris Bar
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Medtronic on public offering of EUR3.5 billion of senior notes
26 September 2022 .2 minute read