International and Global Board Member
Kevin Chan has over 25 years’ experience in civil dispute resolution. He helps clients across the banking, investment, real estate, insurance and logistics industries with a range of complex commercial and cross-border disputes, and non-contentious matters.
Kevin acts for banks, multinational companies, Chinese state-owned/private enterprises and listed companies. He has advised clients on investment, joint-venture and shareholder disputes; banking disputes involving issues on loan defaults, asset recovery, financial leasing and trade finance; real estate disputes; a wide range of logistics and transportation disputes; and all types of cross-border enforcement issues.
Kevin also advises on a wide range of non-contentious matters. These include assisting financial services companies, commodity traders and insurance companies in reviewing and drafting contractual documents, standard business terms and conditions and other commercial documents.
Kevin is a frequent seminar speaker on general commercial litigation and arbitration issues; local and cross-border enforcement proceedings and insurance issues; and logistics and transportation related topics.
- Chinese (Cantonese)
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- The University of Hong Kong, LL.B., 1993
- The University of Hong Kong, PCLL., 1994
Awards and recognitions
- Leading individual, Shipping, Hong Kong, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020-22
- Recommended lawyer, Dispute Resolution: Litigation, China and Hong Kong, and Shipping, China, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2022
- Ranked lawyer, Dispute Resolution (International Firms), China, Chambers Global 2022
- Ranked lawyer, Dispute Resolution: Litigation (International Firms), China, Chambers Greater China Region 2022
Memberships And Affiliations
- Hong Kong Maritime Law Association
- Hong Kong Shipowners Association
- Marine Insurance Club
My latest insights
Groundbreaking Arrangement on Cross-border Enforcement of Judgments set to come into...
22 November 2023 .8 minute read