Paul Lee has a broad background in banking and finance. His focus is complex cross-border financings, acquisition finance, syndicated loans and project finance, receivables financing, cash management arrangements and vendor financing.
His work often involves a number of jurisdictions, such as England & Wales, Hong Kong, PRC, India, Thailand, Indonesia, Laos and the Philippines.
Paul's experience includes restructuring work, standstill arrangements, creditors’ schemes of arrangement and enforcing security.
- Advising China Securities (International) Brokerage Company Limited as lender in relation to the HK$700 million term credit facilities for financing the acquisition of the controlling stake of and the mandatory general offer for Fittec International Group Limited
- Acting for the founder of WuXi PharmaTech on the US$300 million financing arrangements for the privatization of WuXi PharmaTech
- Advising Bank of China Shanghai Branch on the US$60 million privatization loan for the delisting of Charm Communications Inc from Nasdaq
- Advising Yanchang Petroleum (PRC SOE) on its Hong Kong and Singapore US$200 million finance facilities for the acquisition of Novus Energy
- Advising China Development Bank, Hong Kong Branch on its CA$1.9 billion loan facilities to China National Petroleum Corporation for the acquisition of oil sands assets in Alberta, Canada
- Chinese (Cantonese)
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- Cardiff University, LL.B.