Sam has a broad range of experience advising both public and private sector clients on their core procurement and supply activities, with particular experience advising on the procurement and supply of IT systems and services in the healthcare, financial services, technology and sports sectors.
His experience includes advising clients in relation to: hardware and software procurements; software licensing; software support and maintenance services; software-as-a-service, infrastructure-as-a-service and other cloud computing arrangements; software development services (both agile and waterfall methodologies); systems build and integration services; technology outsourcings and managed services arrangements; open-source software issues; and data security and cybersecurity.
- Advising a leading UK book retailer on the acquisition of new business-critical hosted IT systems to automate its product ordering and delivery processes.*
- Advising an NHS Trust on the supply of its proprietary genomics data management software to genomic laboratory hubs across the UK.*
- Advising a leading bank on the procurement of its core banking system from a specialist provider of software solutions to the banking, building society and lending sectors.*
- Advising an FCA authorised electronic money institution on the procurement and development of a white-label solution for payments and money transfers in the maritime industry.*
- Advising an industry leading cleantech company on various high-value agreements for the supply of its automated connection and electrification systems to ports and airports around the world.*
- Advising one of the world’s leading private healthcare providers on the provision of facilities and resources to assist NHS England in its response to the COVID-19 pandemic*
- Advising a Formula One team on a services agreement for creation, production and delivery of its virtual car launch for the 2021 F1 season.*
- Advising a broad range of clients on data security and data protection compliance matters, including advising clients on complete GDPR and UK GDPR compliance projects (including B2C businesses and pension scheme trustees), drafting and negotiating data processing agreements and advising on bespoke compliance queries.* * Denotes experience prior to DLA Piper
- BPP Law School, LPC, 2017
- Leeds Beckett University, Law LLB, 2015