David PadyšákOf Counsel
David Padyšák is Head of Real Estate at DLA Piper Prague. He has over 25 years of experience providing exceptional advice and professional guidance in all legal areas connected to Real Estate.
David focuses on construction law, procurement, contractual arrangements of rights in rem, in particular, energy law, insolvency law, laws governing the insurance industry, and corporate law. He focuses on planning, construction, acquisition, financing, and use of real estate in all conceivable forms, from residential projects to office, retail, and industrial buildings, including energy facilities.
Regarding his competence in M&A, David can assist with any transactional work involving Real Estate.
- Advising a Czech subsidiary of a leading end-to-end global supply chain solutions and e-commerce provider on review and legal advice relating to the parent company guarantee and the bank guarantee to be provided to the landlord in connection with the extension of the lease of the industrial premises in CTPark Brno.
- Advising a multinational furniture retailer regarding the clarification and adjustment of the legal relations between multiple subjects who mutually cooperate in the operation of shopping centers. Provision of such services involve deep analysis of the nature of the current practice and the potential future development of the project.
- Advising a real estate developer and manager of shopping centers around the world on the sale of shopping park in Brno, worth EUR40.7 million.
- Advising a commercial real estate company that provides shared workspaces for technology start-ups and services for other enterprises on responding to claims raised by a third party concerning failed negotiations on new lease. Our advice included pre-trial preparation works.
- Advising a warehouse logistics operator in negotiating a lease agreement relating to premises in CTPark Bor. The lease consists of more than 60,000 m2 to be leased for upcoming ten years for EUR35 million. The premises will form a hall which is currently under construction. Our legal service on this matter consisted of negotiating and drafting respective contractual documentation, including a preparation of due diligence report on the corporate structure of the landlord and assessment of potential risks related to the ownership of the property.
- Advising HVB Leasing Czech Republic s.r.o., a UniCredit Group company, on the sale of real estate located in the Czech Republic, known as Eastgate Prague, to TCC Asset Management s.r.o., including a leasing termination arrangement and a pledge agreement.
- Advising GLP, a leading investor, developer, and manager of European logistics real estate, on regulatory and legal aspects relating to creation of a GLP Solar PV fund to exploit the roof top spaces on warehouses for the generation of solar energy.
- Advising Themis Capital, a leading international insurance house, on the title and warranties policy provided to Generali Real Estate on their acquisition of International Business Centre (through a share deal) from Czech property fund Mint Investments.
- Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Law, Mgr., 1995