Nadia AkhterSenior Associate
Nadia Akhter practices in employment law and advises national and multinational clients based onshore, in the free zones and throughout the GCC on all aspects of employment law.
Nadia counsels clients across a range of sectors on general employment matters at all stages of the employment life cycle from recruiting into the region and the associated immigration requirements, performance management, disciplinary action, health and safety, workforce reductions and the employment aspects of corporate transactions.
- Advising various clients on recruiting into the UAE (onshore UAE and free zones).
- Advising various clients on implementing temporary measures to mitigate labour costs onshore UAE and free zones during the COVID-19 pandemic and preparing associated documentation.
- Advising a multinational technology client on various employment issues (including harassment and disciplinary action) and other labour law requirements in the UAE.
- Advising a manufacturing client on a global workforce reduction.
- Advising an international luxury brand client on employer health and safety obligations.
- Advising a global technology client on the enforceability of restrictive covenants.
- Advising a global retail client on general employment issues.
- BPP University, Legal Practice Course, 2013-14
- University of Reading, Bachelor of Laws, LLB, 2009-12