Chris Baird has a wealth of experience in M&A and private equity in a broad range of sectors, including agribusiness, consumer goods, energy & power, financial services, media and technology. Chris Baird's work sees him advising clients on cornerstone M&A and private equity transactions across Europe and Africa. Chris Baird is a leading member of our energy sector initiative and heads up DLA Piper's London desk for African M&A and private equity.
- Phatisa, a leading African development and PE fund manager, on the sale of a controlling shareholding in Meridian Group, a fertilizer and agricultural commodities company operating in Mauritius and Southeast Africa.
- John Swire & Sons on an acquisition made by its subsidiary, Agent Energy, of the biodiesel production, tank storage and cleaning facilities from the Amsterdam-based Simadan Group.
- Cellulant Corporation on its series C equity capital raising from The Rise Fund, its first African deal.
- Adenia Partners, a pan African private equity firm, on its acquisition of a controlling stake in Kanu Equipment, a specialist in the supply of quality mining, earthmoving, agriculture, construction and road construction equipment with distribution centres across the African continent.
- FMO on its investment in JCM Power, a Canadian based renewable energy independent power producer.
- University of the Witwatersrand, BCom, LLB
Chris is a regular speaker at industry events and gatherings, particularly in relation to private equity in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Chris is a regular speaker at industry events and gatherings, particularly in relation to private equity in Sub-Saharan Africa. He is a member of the legal and regulatory committee for the African Private Equity and Venture Capital Association.
Memberships And Affiliations