Simon Charbit is highly experienced in mergers and acquisitions, joint-ventures and private equity transactions in France and abroad.
In addition to his M&A skills, Simon has a strong corporate background advising listed and non-listed companies, and a thorough knowledge of global market practices, most notably in the infrastructure field.
- Advising Eagle Football Holdings LLC in connection with the acquisition of a majority stake in OL Groupe from Holnest, Pathe and IDG Capital.
- Advising Sprints Capital in connection with its investment in Back Market.
- Advising CoinShares on the acquisition of the Napoleon Group and its Social Trading Platform Expanding into New Consumer Market Segment.
- Advising Compagnie Française des Transports Régionaux in connection with the acquisition of the exclusive control of the Holfima transportation group.
- Advising Famille C in connection with the acquisition of PAI Skincare by Famille C.
- Advising the Asmodee group in connection with acquisition of 55% of Exploding Kittens.
- Advising Michelin in connection with the contribution of the 3D business of Fives Machining to Addup.
- Advising SPIKA in the context of the acquisition of 60% of the share capital and voting rights of Allopneus from HEVEA.
- Advising Cube Infrastructure and Partners Group in connection with the sale of Covage to a consortium composed by Altice, AXA, Allianz and Omers for a consideration in excess of €1 bn.
- Advising G.Network, a fast-growing full fibre local access broadband connectivity provider focused on London, in connection with a £1 bn fundraise.
- Advising Cube Infrastructure Fund II in connection with its investment in DST group's telecommunications business unit in Portugal.
- Advising Idex and Antin Infrastructure in connection with the acquisition of Danpower Baltic.
- Advising Cube Infrastructure Fund II with its investment in Veranger Kraftvind the owner of the Raggovida wind farm in Norway.
- Advising Cube Infrastructure Fund II in connection with their acquisition of 100% of the share capital of Lacroix Participation et Services, a leader in inter-urban public transportation in the Ile-de-France region.
- Advising Cube infrastructure Fund II in connection with its acquisition of Cars Savac.
- Advising Limagrain in the acquisition of Unicorn Grain Specialties, a Dutch company specialized in cereal ingredients and legumes for human and animal nutrition, from Nordian Capital.
- Advising Idinvest in connection with its investment in the Spanish company 21 Buttons.
- Advising the Courtin Clarins Family, owners of the Clarins group, in connection with their investment in various funds.
- Assisting Cube Infrastructure Fund II in connection with its acquisition in Norway of a 49% stake in Varanger Kraftvind AS.
- Assisting Dassault Systèmes in connection with its VC investment in NuoDB, Inc.
- Advising the founders of Disa Technology in connection with its sale to AkzoNobel.
- Advising the Diana Group (group Symrise) in connection with the acquisition of the shares of Yummypets.
- Advising the founder of Go Fluent in connection with the sale of a minority stake of the Swiss company Go Fluent to Capital Transmission.
- University of Pennsylvania law school, LL.M., (2000)
- University of René Descartes Paris V, Post Graduate Degree in European business law, (1998)
- University of Paris X Nanterre, Master's degree in corporate law, (1996)
IEP de Strasbourg , Bachelor's Degree, (1994)
- Legal 500 - Private Equity: LBO - Tier 3 - 2023
- International Private Equity (IPEM), Cannes, France, September 2022
My latest insights
DLA Piper Represented XTC Europe on its joint venture projects with French SOE Orano
18 May 2023 .3 minute read
DLA Piper advises Eagle Football on acquisition of controlling stake in Olympique Lyonnais
21 December 2022 .7 minute read