Martin HeinsiusOf Counsel
Martin Heinsius advises his clients, predominantly multinationals, banks, financial services providers and institutional investors on structuring of tax optimized cross border investments in long lasting assets such as real estate.
In addition he advises on the tax structuring of M&A, and private equity transactions, restructuring and reorganization of groups of companies and the structuring of project financing. He also advises multinationals predominantly from the US on the tax optimization of their enterprise and business structures.
- Taurus Euro Retail Fund I tax- corporate and civil law structuring of a closed ended real estate investment fund under Luxembourg law for institutional investors from the US and the UK
- Taurus Euro Retail Fund II tax- corporate and civil law structuring of a closed ended real estate investment fund under Luxembourg law for institutional investors from the US and the UK
- Tax and corporate law structuring of a closed ended real estate investment fund for institutional investors under Luxembourg law for an investment in German retail properties
- Tax advice to the KONFAM consortium lead by STRABAG in connection with its bid in a public procurement proceeding on so called "AModel" PPP to finance build and maintain German Autobahns
- Tax and corporate law advice to one of Germany´s largest institutional investors relating to the structure of an investment in photo voltaic power plants located in Italy
- Tax and regulatory advice to a German insurer relating to an investment in a closed ended real estate investment fund under Luxembourg law
- Advising Trident Micro Systems on the VAT optimization of the flow of goods and services within its group of companies
- Advising and representing several members of Trident Microsystems group in tax audits
- Tax Advice to an institution of the EU located in Frankfurt on the VAT aspects of setting up a securities trading and settlement system for the Central Banks of the Eurozone and their clients
- Advising an EU institution located in Frankfurt on the VAT aspects of banknote transports between Central Banks of the Eurozone
- University of Freiburg, First State Examination, 1986
- Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt, Second State Examination, 1989
- Certified Tax Adviser Exams, 1994
- New investment opportunities for Foreign Tax-Exempt Investors in Germany, 28 Dec 2017Co Author: Baur, Tappen Investmentlaws 3rd Ed 2015
- VAT and digital services - round-up and future, Webinar, 8 Mar 2017
Before joining DLA Piper, Martin worked with various other law firms. He was admitted to the Frankfurt Bar in 1994 and was admitted as a certified tax adviser in 1996.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Association for Banking Law (Bankrechtliche Vereinigung e.V.)
- Working group for tax lawyers (Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Fachanwälte für Steuerrecht e.V.)