Eduardo Fonseca LL.M.Senior Associate
Eduardo Fonseca advises on banking, capital markets and structured finance matters.
He also helps clients with regulatory issues in the banking and capital market sectors, including those related to anti-money laundering.
In addition to working with companies in the financial sector, such as banks, payment institutions, securitisation companies, and asset managers, Eduardo also collaborates with companies, including listed ones, from other backgrounds.
- Advising an American international global data centre in the financing of the acquisition of land plots for the construction of a major data centre.
- Advising an American global investment company with several private equity transactions through is strategic partners and hedge funds.
- Advising an American global alternative asset management and financial company in the refinancing and transfer of a part of its assets located or held, and secured, in different jurisdictions across Europe.
- Advising an Asian bank with the drafting of bespoke private banking solutions to offer to specific clients.
- Advising a Luxembourg securitisation company on the application of the securitisation European and Luxembourg laws and regulations.
- Advising a Luxembourg real estate group with the financing and acquisition of a Portuguese real estate company.
- Advising a Brazilian bank regarding Luxembourg anti-money laundering requirements for the identification of the beneficial owner.
- Advising an American multinational broker of fine and decorative art, jewellery, and collectibles with the refinancing and securing of existing term loan credit agreements.
- Advising a Swiss global private markets investment manager in several queries regarding the granting of security in Luxembourg.
Universidade Católica Portuguesa, brief course, Accounting and Finance for Lawyers
- International Capital Market Association, Workshop, Introduction to Green Bons, 2019
Securities Institute of the Universidade de Lisboa, law School, Post-Graduate Course in Securities Law, 2016
Universidade Nova de Lisboa, law School, Master’s degree in law, 2013
2023 to date, Senior Associate, DLA Piper, Luxembourg
2022-23, Senior Associate, Law Firm, Luxembourg
2016-22, Associate Lawyer, major Iberian law firm, Portugal2012-16, Jurist, Portuguese Securities Market Commission
Memberships and Affiliations
- Advogado admitted to the Portuguese Bar Association
- Registered on the list IV of the Luxembourg Bar Association