Maurice Burke heads our Asia investigations practice. He specialises in solving complex South and Southeast Asian regulatory issues for a broad range of multinational clients.
With over 25 years of experience in Asia, Maurice understands legal systems and the critical role of local culture in identifying and remediating compliance issues.
He has for many years been ranked as a Band 1 practitioner for investigations by Chambers Asia Pacific 2023 and other directories.
He is described by clients as having “a depth of knowledge in his expertise and other fields too”, “a lawyer who has business sense” and as “extremely positive and gives you a lot of confidence”.
- Corporate Investigation/Anti-Corruption: International (Singapore), Chambers Asia Pacific, 2018 - 2023
- Band 1 for Dispute Resolution (International Firms) (Expertise Based Abroad) (Indonesia), Chambers Asia Pacific, 2017 - 2023
- Band 1 for Dispute Resolution (International Firms) (Expertise Based Abroad) (Indonesia), Chambers Global, 2017 - 2023
- Band 1 for Corporate Investigation/Anti-Corruption: International (Singapore), Chambers Asia Pacific, 2018 - 2023
- COVID-19 and Ramadan - traffic on the route ahead Litigation, Arbitration, and Employment Alert
- Antitrust, Competition, and Economic Regulation Quarterly Newsletter - Autumn 2019
- The rise of competition law in Asia Litigation Arbitration and Employment Alert
- Weathering COVID-19: A webinar series - Crisis management in the age of COVID-19
- U.S. economic sanctions and export considerations
Memberships And Affiliations
- Associate member of the Singapore Institute of Arbitration (SIARB)
- Registered Foreign Arbitrator in BANI Arbitration Center Indonesia
- Was seated on Board of Directors for Maxwell Chambers