James Davison is a commercially focused and innovative Restructuring Partner. He has vast experience in corporate rescue and turnaround and typically works alongside corporates and their management teams, investors and financial institutions to protect and maximize value.
James regularly advises on accelerated M&A transactions, debt and capital restructurings, and work outs and has led high profile restructuring mandates in a variety of sectors including hospitality and leisure, travel, retail and consumer, industrials and financial services. He has completed secondments to two lending institutions, as well as to private equity investor, Lone Star Funds, and has a rounded experience of stakeholder dynamics in complex restructuring situations.
- Leading a restructuring and accelerated divestment programme for a prominent US private equity investor, completing a series of hotel portfolio disposals with a value of +GBP700 million.
- Advising Deloitte as CVA nominees and supervisors in connection with the rescue of historic British retailer, Clark Shoes.
- Advising Gourmet Burger Kitchen (and subsequently the group's appointed administrators) in connection with the sale of the majority of its dining and franchise business to Boparan Restaurants Group.
- Acting for Bibby Line Group in relation to the recapitalisation and divestment of Bibby Offshore via a scheme of arrangement.
- Acting for a significant financial creditor in relation to the insolvency of Thomas Cook.
- Acting for Shearings Group through a number of phases of reorganisation.
- Advising Metalysis, a cutting edge and politically sensitive business in the metals sector, in relation to its fundraising and subsequent sale to Power Resources Group.
- Advising PwC as administrators of UK Coal through numerous phases of the group's restructuring.
- Acting for members of the King & Wood Mallesons global network in relation to the rescue of part of the firm's legacy EUME business, maintaining the firm’s presence in key locations.
- Acting for the LA Fitness Group in connection with its financial and operational restructuring, including interlocking CVA's.
- BPP Law School, 2005
- University of Sheffield, 2004
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Law Society of England and Wales