Sylvia Ebersberger advises German and international corporate clients on all aspects of commercial matters including lean and smart contracting, comprehensive cross-border projects and strategic co-operations. She focuses on the support of transformation processes and innovation-based projects.
Since 2020 Sylvia is acting as Global Co-Chair for our firms' Automotive Sub-Sector.
Given her long-term and continuous consulting for clients in the Industrials Sector, she is very familiar with the key issues along the entire value chain. Her advice ranges from drafting and negotiation of contracts within the framework of development and manufacturing co-operations to supplier management and the optimization of processes and product portfolios on the basis of intensive usage of data.
Sylvia contributes actively to the development of smart contracting tools including playbooks, self assessment tools for business units and innovation compliance frameworks for our clients.
- Advising an international manufacturer of fuel cell powered trucks on the introduction of its products to the European market
- Advising an international manufacturer of vehicle platforms and modular vehicle solutions on a number of co-operations in Europe, USA and Asia related to the development and production of self-driving vehicles and highly automated commercial vehicles
- Advising a US based manufacturer of electrically powered premium vehicles on the introduction of its products to the European market and the thereto related contractual arrangements and commercial matters
- Advising an innovation leader in the field of smart farming on the contractual structuring and negotiation of cooperation and customer agreements as well as with regard to the offer of digital services
- Advising a client in the automotive industry on the transformation process from combustion engine technology to electric drives
- Advising a global supplier of interior systems and electrical components on the design and roll-out of a modular purchasing framework and contract management system for use in 12 jurisdictions
- Advising a company in the real estate industry on the structuring and contractual design of services related to connected, smart buildings
- Advising a global chemical company on the intensive use and monetization of data along the value chain
- Advising an international vehicle manufacturer on data compliance in connection with data analytics along the value chain in 10 jurisdictions and thereto related guidelines and playbooks
- University of Bayreuth, Diploma in Business Administration, 2002
- University Paris 1 / Panthéon-Sorbonne, Diplôme d'université en droit européen, 2002
- University of Bayreuth, First State Examination, 2004
Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt/ Main, Second State Examination, 2007
Awards & Recognitions
- JUVE Handbook 2022/2023: Frequently recommended for distribution/trade/logistics: distribution systems; “very dedicated, great automotive experience”, client (2021/2022)
- Legal 500 Germany 2022: Recommended for commercial and distribution law
- Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2023/2024: Recommended for information technology law
My latest insights
The keys to unlocking the global low-carbon hydrogen economy
10 August 2023 .2 minute read
Strategic partnerships: issues to consider and how to address them in your contracts
11 July 2023 .6 minute read