Joel Eytle works in the Pensions team in London with over 15 years of pensions experience. He advises on all aspects of pensions law and has a particular interest in the regulatory aspects of pensions, having spent two years at the Financial Conduct Authority.
He has advised on all aspects of pensions matters and transactions, and provides advice to trustee clients, employers, overseas investors and pension scheme providers.
- Advising a large UK employer on the closure of its occupational defined contribution pension scheme and the auto enrolment of employees into a group personal pension plan, including a review of various providers' options, negotiation with the trustees and the pension provider and drafting member communications and employee consultation documents.
- Advising traditional and new buyout providers, trustees and employers in relation to buy-outs and buy-ins and reviewing and advising on personal pension products.
- Advising the trustee of a large European bank on the implementation of an asset-backed funding structure.
- Advising trustees on the acquisition of liability-driven investments, including reviews of asset documentation and negotiation with investment managers.
- Advising both public sector bodies (local councils and hospital trusts) and prospective service providers on the pensions aspects of public sector outsourcings, including: structures for participation in public sector pension schemes, establishment of broadly comparable schemes and deficit funding proposals.
- Advising a large UK-based insurer on proposals for a new retirement saving vehicle, including consideration of the tax treatment of the vehicle, the regulated activities permissions needed and the categorisation of the vehicle by HMRC and the Pensions Regulator.
- Defending a Pensions Ombudsman's claim in respect of a claim for an entitlement to an enhanced early retirement pension.
- Manchester University, Law, LLB (Hons)
Memberships And Affiliations
- Full Member of Association of Pension Lawyers
- Mosaic Steering Committee
My latest insights
Pension Schemes Act 2021: The new criminal offences and their potential impact on...
24 October 2021 .12 minute read
DLA Piper advises Heidelberger Druckmaschinen on the relocation of its UK customer...
15 June 2021 .3 minute read