David Markman focuses his practice on representing entertainment companies in all aspects of their business activities.
He counsels both traditional production companies and new media clients regarding entertainment transactional issues from project acquisition and financing to distribution and sales, and serves as production counsel, negotiating on behalf of production entities with above and below-the-line talent, bond companies and banks for film and television projects.
David also represents writers, actors, directors, producers and showrunners in the television, film and new media industries.
David's practice also includes counseling corporate clients on the integration of their brands into television programming, feature motion pictures and music projects, as well as forging collaborations between brands and studios and production companies to develop branded entertainment content.
- J.D., American University, Washington College of Law
- B.A., University of California at Berkeley
- The Legal 500 United States
- Recommended, Media and Entertainment: Transactional (2022-2023)
- Selected, Variety, "Dealmakers Impact Report" (2018, 2020)