Marcus WalshLegal Director
Marcus Walsh advises on a broad range of litigation and regulatory matters with a particular focus on complex commercial disputes and high value litigation.
Marcus has acted in a number of complex cases in the Irish Courts, as well as a range of international and cross-border disputes. Marcus’s practice has a particular focus on financial services and FinTech disputes, technology and data breach litigation, product liability, corporate/criminal regulatory investigations and reputational risk.
Marcus has advised on matters involving regulators such as the Health and Safety Authority, Food Safety Authority of Ireland, Data Protection Commissioner, Health Products Regulatory Authority and Central Bank of Ireland. He has also advised insurer clients on high profile policy coverage issues relating to business interruption matters and issues arising from the insolvency of Irish financial institutions.
- Representing a global IT services provider in High Court proceedings concerning allegations of breach of contract and customer data breaches.
- Representing a global FinTech provider on customer litigation relating to an alleged cybersecurity breach.
- Acting in injunction proceedings to prevent damage to a client’s global telecoms infrastructure.
- Advising on Norwich Pharmacal proceedings for the disclosure of information concerning a cybertheft incident.
- Advising a global social media company on a statutory inspection by the Health and Safety Authority.
- Acting for the plaintiff in a Commercial Court dispute concerning payments under an aviation leasing agreement.
- Advising an international media company on a dispute in connection with a co-production agreement for a cross-border television series production.
- Advising a global retailer on its regulatory and compliance obligations under Irish law (in connection with health and safety, product liability, food safety) in advance of establishing operations in Ireland.
- Negotiating a settlement on disputed payment terms under a share purchase agreement following the sale of a medical centre.
- Advising a consumer goods retailer on an investigation by the Food Safety Authority of Ireland.
- Advising a medical devices manufacturer on its regulatory and compliance obligations under Irish law for the marketing of new products.
- London School of Economics, LLM, 2010
- University College Cork, BCL (Hons), 2009
- 2015 –19, leading Dublin law firm
- 2011–15, London based international law firm
My latest insights
Artificial Intelligence and the Law - practical measures to mitigate legal risk
17 October 2021 .10 minute read