Ákos Becher offers international and domestic tax advice, including: real estate taxation; tax structuring of complex transactions; EU compliance-related tax matters; the taxation of corporations and corporate reorganisations as well as investment funds; the taxation of operative and financial leasing transactions; and VAT matters.
Ákos advises clients on the taxation aspects of corporate restructuring and represents clients in tax-related lawsuits.
Ákos also has extensive experience in transfer pricing.
- Advising real estate clients in various acquisition projects, including due diligence and tax structuring as well.
- Successful representation of clients in tax litigation on claiming late payment interest due to the inappropriate implementation of the EU VAT Directive.
- EU law based tax litigation relating to withholding tax on dividends.
- Representing the client in a complex tax litigation concerning the tax treatment of inventory losses.
- Advising the client on the restructuring of the client’s real estate portfolio.
- Representing the client in a crisis tax related litigation matter.
- Tax Advisor, Post-graduate studies, Hungarian Chamber of Auditors (2004)
- J.D., Janus Pannonius University, Pécs, Faculty of Law (1995-2000), summa cum laude
- M.Sc. in Economics, Janus Pannonius University, Pécs, Faculty of Economics (1993-1998), summa cum laude
- Ákos Becher is a respected tax lawyer, with experience in advisory matters, such as tax planning and structuring. His services are further complemented by his expertise in tax litigation. - Chambers Europe, 2022
- Respected lawyer Ákos Becher advises a diverse clientele on tax planning and tax structuring matters. His services are further complemented by his expertise in tax litigation, including in relation to royalties. - Chambers Europe, 2021
- “DLA Piper's 'client-friendly and practical' team includes the highly regarded Levente Torma and Ákos Becher; both are experienced in advising clients from a wide range of sectors on the tax aspects of corporate restructurings, tax consulting issues and tax planning matters. It also has a strong track record in successfully representing clients in tax-related disputes.” - Legal500, 2020
- Ákos Becher is lauded for his "extensive experience in court cases." - Chambers Europe, 2019
- Chapters on the money and capital markets and taxation
Rankings and Awards
- ITR, 2022, Tax controversy, (Individual Rankings): WT – Highly Regarded
- Chambers Europe, 2018 - 2021, Tax, (Individual Rankings): Band 2
- Chambers Europe, 2011; 2013 - 2017, Tax, (Individual Rankings): Band 1