Local advice provided globally to help mitigate risk and ensure compliance
We advise some of the world’s largest privately held companies, non-profits and multinationals on their mission-critical compliance. Through our global platform, we apply regulatory experience, local knowledge and industry specific insights to guide your organization in designing and executing risk-based global compliance programs consistent with regulatory requirements.
We can advise on all aspects of your company’s global compliance efforts.
This includes designing, implementing and assessing compliance programs, mitigating risk, detecting and investigating potential misconduct, and remediating compliance challenges, including those in high-risk countries.
We offer counsel on challenging issues such as anti-bribery and anticorruption, anti-money laundering, antitrust, trade compliance, environmental compliance, conflicts of interest, executive misconduct, data privacy, and cybersecurity. We also advise on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives, and using data and artificial intelligence to enhance compliance programs.
“Our cross-functional team and global network mean we can provide an integrated full-service approach.”
Our team includes former general counsel, chief compliance officers, senior in-house counsel, technologists, and former regulators who offer practical risk-based advice tailored to your specific operations and infrastructure. Our cross-functional team and global network mean we can provide an integrated full-service approach.
We also provide you with value added information and resources. These include dramatic reconstructions of real-word issues, our Practical Compliance bulletin, Global Compliance and Investigations podcast, Global Anticorruption newsletter, Global Bribery Offenses Guide, EU Whistleblower Directive international guide, and webinars.
The automated risk assessment tool COMPASS helps you to evaluate the strength of your compliance program using analysis and benchmarking of similar companies. We also offer Focal Point, a customized interactive training tool designed to support and enhance compliance training objectives in your organization.
- Assisted a global cosmetics company in enhancing its global anticorruption program in the wake of disclosed potential violations of the FCPA. The scope of work performed by the firm included: identifying potential enhancements to the company’s anti-corruption compliance program, strategic program design and advice; policy and procedure enhancement; redesigning the third-party due diligence process; revising the gifts and entertainment and charitable contribution approval process; and designing a global monitoring and auditing program.
- Provide worldwide compliance counsel to one of the world’s largest consumer goods companies regarding its global anti-bribery and anti-corruption efforts, including policy design and third-party risk management.
- Represented the audit committee of a multinational technology company in an internal investigation focused concerning whether certain payments made by the company’s India operations were made improperly and in possible violation of the FCPA and other applicable laws. As part of the engagement, we coordinated with local counsel and the company’s local and global financial auditors. We then advised the client on remediation to its global compliance and ethics program, including not only anticorruption, but also strengthening the core ethics component of its global corporate compliance program.
- Conducting a detailed assessment of a Fortune 500 manufacturing and fuel company’s compliance program and advised on the re-design and implementation of its updated global compliance program.
- Represented a global outsourcing company in the design and implementation of its global compliance program.
- Represented a global IT outsourcing company in connection with the remediation of its compliance program in connection with a government investigation.
- Advised a global aerospace company with respect to compliance and anti-corruption considerations in connection with M&A transactions.
- Conducted a detailed assessment of a Fortune 500 insurance company’s compliance and regulatory functions and personnel.
- Designed and implemented a global investigations program for a multinational consumer products company.
- Advising a company immediately prior to initial public offering regarding development and implementation of its code of conduct, key compliance policies and third-party diligence capability build out.
- Assisting a global manufacturer with an internal investigation regarding conflict of interest issues.
Global Compliance and Investigations Podcast
News and insights
Reporting obligations under new Canadian modern slavery legislation: What does a...
4 October 2023 .8 minute read
PCAOB proposes to expand liability to those who negligently cause a firm’s violations
27 September 2023 .5 minute read