Ciara McLoughlin provides strategic HR advice to international and domestic clients across all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law. Her extensive experience includes high-value multi-jurisdictional M&A, and large-scale change management projects.
Working closely with Boards, HR and in-house legal teams, Ciara advises on general policy matters through to the management of specific individuals and defence of legal claims. Key sectors include Tech, Financial Services, Life Sciences and Food. Ciara heads up DLA Piper's Employment practice in Ireland and leads out on the firm’s ESG advisory offering, particularly on the human impact and reputation side.
- Advising Irish start-up food company on best practice employment documentation and policies
- Establishing Irish food company with global presence on global immigration and foreign office set-up projects.
- Advising numerous US-headquartered Tech companies on ad-hoc employment issues (including remote working, return to office, testing, vaccinations, diversity and inclusion, whistleblowing).
- Advising international publication in the context of High Court injunctive proceedings preventing the unauthorised use of confidential and proprietary information.
- Advising major international airline on High Court injunctive proceedings.
- Advising Asian conglomerate in the context of an international fraud investigation with significant employment law implications.
- Advising international retailer in implementing organisational change including individual and collective countrywide redundancies and contractual variation.
- Advising international healthcare company in the investigation of a highly sensitive sexual harassment claim and the employment/equality issues arising.
- London College of Law, Diploma in Employment Law, 2005
- London College of Law, PLC, 2002
- London Metropolitan University, CPE, 2000
University College Dublin, B.A, 1994
- "legally incisive", Legal 500 (Ireland) 2018
- Ranked a Leading lawyer in Labour, Employment & Benefits, Who's Who 2018
- Ireland: Employment law update on gender pay gap reporting, 10 Apr 2019
Ciara regularly comments and provides content on employment issues for national and international industry publications.
- Horizons Aviation Leasing HR Forum 2018, Dublin - Moderator and Speaker: The Right to Disconnect.
- GL European Lawyers Annual Conference 2018, Frankfurt - Speaker: The Role of the Employment Lawyer in an International Corporate Transaction.
- White Paper Conference, 2018, Dublin - Speaker: Workplace Banter or Sexual Harassment?
- Employment Lawyers Association of England & Wales Annual Conference 2017, London - Speaker: Cross Border Mergers and Societas Europea (SE).
Memberships And Affiliations
- Law Society of Ireland Employment & Equality Committee
My latest insights
EU Whistleblower Protection Directive: A global employer’s top 10 questions answered
22 May 2023 .4 minute read