Tax-optimal, wherever you do business
Operating in global markets brings complex tax, legal, and business challenges. Our tax lawyers and economists combine international perspective with thorough knowledge of country-specific practices. We’ll provide holistic, cross-border advice to help you solve complex tax and structuring issues and minimize tax liability.
Tax authorities around the world are becoming more assertive in collecting taxes and more proactive in exchanging information. Highly mobile people and capital, and a rapidly evolving digital economy, have led to many new legislative initiatives.
Our 440+ tax lawyers and economists across the globe seamlessly advise clients in their home country and the jurisdictions in which they do business.
Whether this involves expanding your global footprint, restructuring supply chains, refinancing, keeping ahead of tax reform, or simply reviewing your existing tax position, our team can help you streamline processes and reduce your global effective tax rate.
“The team is highly competent and is able to cover any issue or need that arises within its global network. The lawyers are extremely responsive to any requests for assistance and are genuinely concerned about their clients.”
Our transfer pricing group, comprised of lawyers and economists, is widely recognized for its work delivering value in transfer pricing and intercompany transactions.
And we have a dedicated international corporate reorganizations team who focus on maximizing the benefits of global expansion, acquisitions, and restructurings.
Our clients benefit from the lawyer-client and work-product privileges, and we can litigate tax cases in court when needed.
Because clients need integrated advice, our tax lawyers combine knowledge and resources from across our global practice groups. These include intellectual property and technology, corporate and finance, real estate, employment and employee benefits, regulatory and EU competition, and public and government affairs.
We focus on understanding the nuances of each business and delivering tax planning and operational solutions that work. That’s why we’ve become trusted, longstanding tax advisors to clients across a range of sectors and ranging from startups to large multinational corporations.
Awards and recognition
- Represented a global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services in a global restructuring that involved the transfer of 300 legal entities from 90 countries into a complex Dutch and Luxembourg holding company tax structure
- Represented one of the fastest growing cybersecurity companies in the design and implementation of an international structuring project involving 15 countries
- Represented a leading networking infrastructure company in its global restructuring involving nearly every European jurisdiction and including a Dutch Advanced Pricing Agreement (APA) that achieved unprecedented results
- Advised a leading developer, marketer and distributor of branded performance apparel on global transfer pricing, international tax and IP restructuring issues
- Secured significant results for one of the largest toy and game companies: defended its international business operating structure from challenges by the IRS, and converted Asian sales affiliates to limited risk distributors