Emma Kendall advises clients in private corporate and commercial matters. She uses her experience gained in 18 years in funds management and investment banking to inform a particularly business-focussed and practical approach.
She advises on private equity fundraising and investing, co-investing, private market mergers and acquisitions, infrastructure and real estate investing and structured finance.
Emma also has in-house experience of investment management for sovereign wealth funds, superannuation and pension funds. She is very close to the issues facing those clients.
- Advising in relation to consortium arrangements for the $10bn bid for the NSW Transgrid assets
- Advising on structuring and negotiating the terms of a Delaware Statutory Trust and captive Australian MIT for an Asia-Pacific infrastructure investment mandate for an American pension scheme
- Assisting in relation to the joint venture negotiations and execution of the investment structure for an investment by an Australian sovereign fund in 8 US regional shopping malls
- Reviewing and executing the acquisition of an interest in a Luxembourg vehicle acquiring a Spanish business, as a co-investment by an Australian private equity fund alongside a European private equity manager
- University of Auckland, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Laws, 1996
- Emma is listed as a Notable Practitioner by IFLR1000 2021 in Private Equity and M&A
Emma qualified in New Zealand, worked in New Zealand's largest corporate firm, and then for a magic circle firm in London for three years before joining an Investment Bank in structured finance.
She then spent 9 years as Managing Legal Counsel at one of Australia's largest wholesale institutional funds managers, focusing on private market transactions and investment mandate negotiations.