Rakhee is experienced in both private and public mergers and acquisitions (M&A).
Rakhee also advises on corporate restructurings and general corporate law, including advice on corporate governance and general commercial law matters.
- Advising a Real Foods Proprietary Limited on the disposal of a significant part of its foods business to Virgin Active, as well as on the subscription for shares in Virgin Active.
- Advising Rhodes Foods Group Holdings Limited in an accelerated bookbuild by way of a private placement to qualifying institutional investors outside of the United States, in reliance on Regulation S of the U.S. Securities Act, for gross proceeds of R662.5 million.
- Advising Rand Merchant Bank in its capacity as the underwriter of the approximately R10 billion rights issue by Remgro. This deal represents one of the largest rights issues in South Africa in 2016.
- Advising a selling shareholder in relation to the listing of a chemical company on the Uganda Stock Exchange.
- Advising a major South African bank in respect of a potential bid to acquire a mid-tier South African bank.
- Advising a major South African bank in respect of a potential bid to acquire a short-term insurance business.
- Advising AFGRI Holdings (Pty) Ltd in its successful bid to acquire the South African Bank of Athens.
- Advising Aon South Africa in its acquisition of Niche International Brokers (Pty) Ltd, an independent specialist trade credit brokerage.
- Advising a South African Bank in its bid to acquire the entire issued share capital of another South African bank.
- Advising a South African bank in its bid to acquire the short term insurance business of a South African insurance company.
- Advising a Namibian bank on the acquisition of a Namibian financial services group that provides investment management and wealth management services.
- University of KwaZulu-Natal, L.L.B., summa cum laude, 2012
Awards and recognitions
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2023 recommended Rakhee for corporate, commercial and M&A.
- "When Possession is Ten-Tenths of the Law", Legal Times and Without Prejudice with Igno Gouws, 2015
Rakhee started her career at an international law firm in 2014, where she moved through the ranks from candidate attorney to associate. In 2016 she joined DLA Piper.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Golden Key International Honour Society (2010 - date)