Noel Haywood has over 20 years’ experience of helping major corporate and institutional clients with domestic, international and cross-border acquisitions and disposals.
Noel’s main areas of practice are mergers and acquisitions, institutional exits, corporate reorganisations and restructurings, and post-merger integration. He focuses particularly on the consumer goods, food, retail, business services and industrials sectors.
He has advised a number of major UK and international corporates including Intertek Group plc, Dignity plc, Finning International Inc, Hewden Stuart plc, 2 Sisters Food Group (incorporating Northern Foods) and Caparo Industries plc.
Noel was seconded to NM Rothschild's investment banking team, where he was involved in several buy and sell side mandates for institutional and corporate clients.
Noel's experience includes advising on:
- The acquisition of International Inspection Services Ltd (INSPEC) for GBP40 million by Intertek Group plc
- The disposal of R. Griggs Group Limited (the licensee of the Dr Martens brand) to Permira for GBP300 million (acting for the shareholders)
- The acquisition of Matrix, the UK market leader in energy management and energy efficiency services for commercial buildings, by E.ON Connecting Energies (ECT)
- The acquisition of Yew Holdings Limited for GBP58.3 million by Dignity plc and associated equity fund raising
- The acquisition of Moody International for GBP450 million by Intertek Group plc
- The acquisition of the UK poultry and red meat processing operations of Vion Holdings by 2 Sisters Food Group
- The acquisition of the Brookes Avana Businesses from Premier Foods for GBP30 million by 2 Sisters Food Group
- The acquisition of the Japanese EMC businesses of Akzo Nobel by Intertek Group plc
- The acquisition of the UK and US steel tube and steel strip divisions of Tyco International by Caparo Industries plc
- The disposal by Finning International Inc of Hewden Stuart plc to Sun Capital
Awards and recognitions
- Leading individual, Corporate and Commercial, Birmingham, The Legal 500 UK 2015-22
- Band 2 lawyer, Corporate/M&A: Mid-Market and Private Equity, West Midlands, Chambers UK 2016-22
- Recommended lawyer, Industry Focus: Retail and Consumer, London, The Legal 500 UK 2022
- DLA Piper Corporate/M&A: Mid-Market practice ranked Band 1, Chambers Europe 2018-22
Memberships And Affiliations
- Law Society
- The England Rugby Supporters Club
My latest insights
DLA Piper appoints Noel Haywood as Birmingham Office Managing Partner
1 November 2022 .3 minute read
Committing to measurable ESG initiatives in the Food and Beverage Sector: Doing well by...
5 July 2022 .3 minute read