Ricardo Mercado specializes in legal advice on corporate, financial, civil property law, consumer protection and personal data protection, with special emphasis on structuring financing and guarantees and on company mergers and acquisitions.
His usual practice is aimed at advising on the structuring of financing, which includes project financing, corporate loans, among others. Additionally, he has experience in matters of company mergers and acquisitions and in corporate reorganization processes in general. Likewise, within the framework of regular corporate advice to companies, Ricardo provides advice on Consumer Protection and Personal Data Protection.
Universidad de Lima, Lawyer (2018)
- Universidad de Lima, Bachelor’s Degree (2017)
- Universidad Esan, Specialization in Business and Financial Law (2020)
- DLA Piper Peru advised Agrícola y Ganadera Chavín de Huántar, in the guaranteed financing granted by Blue like an Orange Sustainable Capital, which was highlighted in the following article published in SE Semana Económica. The team involved: associates Melissa Padilla, Farah Torres, Ricardo Mercado and Partner Sergio Barboza. Read the note here >>
- "El Crowdfunding llegó al Perú, ¿para quedarse?" - Revista Advocatus 39 (March 2021)
Other Professional Positions
- Associate member of the Civil Association ADV Editores, group of law students responsible for the publication of the legal journal "Advocatus" and former member of the Board of Directors of said association
Memberships And Affiliations
- Lima Bar Association
- ADV Editores Civil Association
My latest insights
DLA Piper awarded Latin Lawyer’s 2023 “Deal of the Year” in two categories
17 May 2023 .3 minute read