Heath Brunton is a partner in our New Zealand real estate team. He has been involved in real estate for close to 20 years including top tier international experience
Heath advises clients on all aspects of property law. He is regularly involved in the acquisition and disposal of commercial, residential and agricultural property for development and investment. He has been involved in some of the largest design build lease agreements for office and industrial premises in New Zealand.
Heath also has particular interest and experience in large scale residential developments and mixed use schemes including urban regeneration and social and affordable housing projects.
He acts for listed entities, large public and private sector clients, financial institutions, receivers and liquidators, high net worth individuals and overseas investors.
- Adviser to Foodstuffs on the design build lease of its new 65,000 m2 North Island distribution centre and 9,000 m2 head offices at Auckland International Airport.
- Advised Goodman on the design build lease of the Fonterra head offices at Wynyard Quarter, Auckland.
- Advised Fletcher Residential as developer member of the consortium bidding for Phase One of the Tamaki Large Scale Development Project.
- Advised Augusta in relation to the acquisition, development and syndication of the Mercury HQ at Broadway, Newmarket.
- Advised AgResearch in relation to the joint venture development of the Food Science Facility at Massey University.
- Advised Metroglass in relation to the design build lease of its industrial facility at Highbrook, Auckland.
- Advised Sumitomo in relation to the purchase of 30,000 hectares of Nelson region pine forests for $370 million.
- Heath is ranked as a leading Real Estate lawyer in Chambers Asia-Pacific 2020, with Chambers noting that Heath is “a respected practitioner who advises on property portfolio management, developments, purchases and disposals”. Clients report: "He is very commercial and responsive and he performed strongly on complicated and important real estate projects for us."
Memberships And Affiliations
- New Zealand Law Society
- Accredited member of the Property Law Section of the New Zealand Law Society
My latest insights
Tackling the affordable housing “crisis” in New Zealand – a snapshot
25 May 2023 .10 minute read
Flashing traffic lights could signal the end of the statutory Covid-19 no access lease...
17 December 2021 .4 minute read